X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badcropping reject

Hi!

I had this picture rejected for badcropping:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

the size of the picture is 1024*702 pix. I want to know what is the limit of badcropping, for example, for a 1024*xxx photo, what are the acceptable limits for xxx respecting the 1.5*1 rule (1024*682)

Thanks in advance!

There is too much "dead space" all around the aircraft.
    ***My Blog***

Comment

Heres my shot at it.

***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
        Heres my shot at it.

You completely burned the nose with the contrast, and he'll have to rework the original to get a better result.

-Clovis

Comment

+ its not centerd

Comment

We looking at the same photo Kev? Its not bad distance or bad dark. It is however grainy, abit out of focus, suffering a tad from jpeg commpresion, and not well centerd. (If i'm really looking hard )

Comment

auch!

Wow! some thight critics here! thanks!

I can see some grain in the sky, but... is almost imperceptible!! I can only really see the baddistance, but not too much, well I can always crop thigher.

Wich part of the a/c do you see is more out of focus? the nose maybe? and... can the unsharp mask deal with it? (in fact I already used it)

Lots of questions there!!

thanks for your replies!

(I forgot another one)

How can you see the JPEG compression? I saved it at max quality JPEG!

Comment

The whole aircraft is slightly out of focus, but the rear, in my mind is suffering.

Comment

Working...
                X