Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy

Finally, my new toy!

Deal is I pay for the lens, film and development so im not gonna be going to the airport with it to often, but it will be my primary camera for non aviation photos. Took it out for a go today, will be developing to slides and CD soon and hopefully you will see some results when i can afford it.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Congrats Sam.

New Zealand is such a beautiful land, you shouldnt have any trouble finding breathtaking landscapes

-Adam

Comment

*Gasp* is that a film camera Nice buy
      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
      No Frontiers

Comment

nice cam, i need a new one!
        Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

Don't like film.. but what a sexy camera. :P

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
          View the Darkside

Comment

After the new 20D what should be with me in 3 weeks im definately going to look into taking the plunge and getting a film camera like the one above, for those...special one off shots. . Sweet camera and hope to see some uploads very soon from your results!
            E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

i'm thinking of getting a slide camera also, i love standard sideon shots and i rekon it's time to get a standard SLR.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Yup, I like the look of that new toy too. Maybe it's time to ditch digital for a bit and go back to basics. I think it will teach me how to take real photos and stop relying on digital trickery (not that I do ).

Good luck Sam and have fun with it.

Once i've sorted my glass out i think i'll join the film ranks and that looks like a good choice.

Comment

Right when I was about to think nobody in their right mind would buy a film camera, sam proves me wrong

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                    Right when I was about to think nobody in their right mind would buy a film camera, sam proves me wrong
                    And why would nobody buy a film camera? Nothing wrong with it. From the sounds of things im not gonna be only one buying one. A slide projected onto a big screen, in my opinion, is much better than a 1600 pixel wide one on a computer. With film you pay a lot more attention to your composition too, the desire to get the photo perfect when taking it is a lot more.
                    Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                      . A slide projected onto a big screen, in my opinion, is much better than a 1600 pixel wide one on a computer.
                      Thats right, you can't hook up a data projector to the computer

Comment

Enjoy the slides. Nothing beats sitting down on the couch in the late evening with a nice drink in hand, looking through tons of perfect Fuji Velvia slide shots on the big white wall/screen.

Beats anything digital hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by tsentsan
                          Enjoy the slides. Nothing beats sitting down on the couch in the late evening with a nice drink in hand, looking through tons of perfect Fuji Velvia slide shots on the big white wall/screen.

Beats anything digital hands down.

Again, not like you cant hook up your much more clear of pictures from your computer to a projector

Comment

Originally posted by Torin Wilson
                            Originally posted by Simpleboy
                            . A slide projected onto a big screen, in my opinion, is much better than a 1600 pixel wide one on a computer.
                            Thats right, you can't hook up a data projector to the computer
                            I never said you cant do that with digital, but slides projected are much clearer than digital projected.
                            Sam Rudge

Comment

People, people...whatever your opinion of non-digital cameras are, please remember that this purchase means a lot to Sam. If you have nothing positive to say, don't say anything.
                              Will F.
                              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X