300D or 20D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300D or 20D

I will soon be making the step up from my Kodak DX6490 to a DSLR. With soon being a couple of months hopefully. I'm starting my research and was wondering what would you suggest? I know the 300D will be great to learn with and will produce stunning shots, but I'm also worried once I have it I'll want something better and then want the 20D.

I guess the big question would be, should I save the extra money and get the 20D or go with the 300D?
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

20D
    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
    No Frontiers

Comment

If you are planning on upgrading again soon, then don't waste more money, and just go to the 20D right away.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

According to my photography teacher, the 300D is for people who want to take good photos but dont know anything about photography.

Get the 20D.
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
          the 300D is for people who want to take good photos but dont know anything about photography.
          You're making a lot of enemies with that statement.
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
            the 300D is for people who want to take good photos but dont know anything about photography.

Agree with Simpleboy on that theory

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
              Im just quoting what Ive been told by one of NZs most respected nature photographers.
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I would say get teh 20D, if you are planning to upgrade anyways. Personally I'm happy with my 300D and i'm waiting to see what happens after the 20D, the 8mp is nice, but i wanna see what comes out after this one which will proally be even better.

Comment

According to my photography teacher, the 300D is for people who want to take good photos but dont know anything about photography.

Get the 20D.
                  Well then, I guess a deciding factor could be whether he wants a hobby on aircraft photography only or wants to look at the actual photography aspect of it as well like you.

Comment

I would go for the 20D, it is the first Canon camera that I liked. (And Im a hardcore Nikonian)

So may i suggest that you take a look at the Nikon D70 btw. A 6MP camera that is superior to the 300D and still much cheaper then the 20D.
                    My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
                    My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
                    ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

Yep, I've spent the past two months checking up on the 300D and Nikon D70. General consent seems to be that the Nikon does a few things better than the 300D, and some even better than the 10D. Price is closer to the 300 than to the 20, so all in all a very nice package.

Comment

Originally posted by HelmutS
                        Yep, I've spent the past two months checking up on the 300D and Nikon D70. General consent seems to be that the Nikon does a few things better than the 300D, and some even better than the 10D. Price is closer to the 300 than to the 20, so all in all a very nice package.
                        You got that right, the D70 does have more features than 300D. Shoots faster, larger buffer, etc. But if you're pinched for the cash the 300D is quite a capable camera.

If you're hooked on Canon, definitely go for the 20D, no doubt.
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Depending on your cash situation i would say a 300D/18-55 kit and a good telephoto lens maybe.. 100/400 and some L glass, would make a nice package, yet if you have the cash a 20D would be very nice but don't forget a decent lense added to the price of a 20D these days can cost a lot of money.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
                          View the Darkside

Comment

Your photography teacher doesn't know anything about me. Does he know all 300D users? I think not.

Comment

300D or 20D
                              The fact that you need to ask the question is bad enough.

"Hmmmm shall i get the Nissan Riceburner100 or the BMW Z4...... :P "

Comment

Working...
                              X