No announcement yet.

300D or 20D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that you need to ask the question is bad enough.

"Hmmmm shall i get the Nissan Riceburner100 or the BMW Z4......

My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Originally posted by denfen
      Originally posted by Simpleboy
      According to my photography teacher, the 300D is for people who want to take good photos but dont know anything about photography.
      Your photography teacher doesn't know anything about me. Does he know all 300D users? I think not.
      Agreed... as a photographer you are showing your photos to the general public most of whom don't know shite about cameras. As long as the final output photo you show is good, thats all that matters. Any idiot could go out there are buy a 20D or a 1Ds MKII for that matter and take snapshots, that doens't mean that they know anything about photography or will take good photos just because they have a 20D

That photography teacher should shove it IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
        Perhaps he's jealous he doesn't have a 300D? :P jk Sam
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

End result > type of camera

Comment

According to my photography teacher, the 300D is for people who want to take good photos but dont know anything about photography.

Get the 20D.
            you don't exactly need a degree to take airplane photos, you can be as dumb as dogsh!t and still do ok at this hooby.

20D

next trips
            USA/DXB August.

Comment

You do "OK" don't you Monty

Comment

I'm a couple generations behind..... in cameras, that is. D30. Anybody have stats as to how the frame buffer on the 300D compares to the D30?

I am thinking about getting a new one but my choice would be a used 10D or a new 300D. Which would you choose?

bruce
                View my photos at JP.Net
                Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                  Originally posted by denfen
                  Your photography teacher doesn't know anything about me. Does he know all 300D users? I think not.
                  Agreed... as a photographer you are showing your photos to the general public most of whom don't know shite about cameras. As long as the final output photo you show is good, thats all that matters. Any idiot could go out there are buy a 20D or a 1Ds MKII for that matter and take snapshots, that doens't mean that they know anything about photography or will take good photos just because they have a 20D

So a photographer with 40 years experiance cant make a comment on a camera?

Read that quote it says its for people who nothing about photorgaphy. It doesnt mean people who have it dont know anything about photography.

Will, I think hes happy wiht his 1dmkII.
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Will, I think hes happy wiht his 1dmkII.
                    lol outch!
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

300D or 20D?Well..like the others said,if you have the money,no doubt 20D.But..I think I would get the 300D and L glass.

About what "Simpleboy"´s teacher said...so not true.Of course,I know people with a 300D that don´t know even how to change the ISO setting(believe me!!).And I know professional photographers with more than 20 years of photography that use the Digital Rebel anyway..
                      Another thing..it´s not the camera that does the photo,it´s the eye behind the viewfinder who does.My point is:It doesn´t matter if you have a Sony P32 or a EOS 1D Mark II,the photo will only turn out good if the photographer have talent.So that afirmation is not true IMO.
                      My photos on Jetphotos.net

Renato

Comment

Kev, lets see if you cant make that amount of money worth while shall we.

Comment

Oh you've got some time to go yet till you walk the road im on

Comment

20D. No Question
                            http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                              I'm a couple generations behind..... in cameras, that is. D30. Anybody have stats as to how the frame buffer on the 300D compares to the D30?

I am thinking about getting a new one but my choice would be a used 10D or a new 300D. Which would you choose?

bruce
                              Out of the two...the 10D of course. If you went with a 300D...4 frame buffer by the way...you would upgrade the megapixels but you lose versatility you had with the D30. If your D30 is doing fine, maybe you can upgrade something else or save the money for a 20D
                              Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                              No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                                Oh you've got some time to go yet till you walk the road im on
                                the road less travelled by any chance?

next trips
                                USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
                                X