300D or S/H D60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300D or S/H D60

Well, I am considering the Canon 300D, but what about the Canon D60? The only real problems I can see is the warranty, parts being hard to aquire and just old technology. But then again, so many photos I see taken with D60s seem to be better than those with the 300D.

Also I was told that Tamron make better lenses than Canon. Is this true? I don't know anything about lens brands

And don't bother replying about the camera Sam (Rudge that is) I already know your opinion (and what your idol nature photographer has to say)

From what ive seen here Tamron have a bad name, sure they arent the fastest A/F lens out there but my 24-135 is great. Nice and sharp, still havent had a go at aviation shots yet though. Canons L glass will be the way to go but i doubt your willing to spend that much.

Heres a few good quotes for ya to read.

Originally posted by Dan Valentine
    I used the 300D coupled with a 75-300mm a few days back. Thought i was gona break the dam thing if i pressed the shutter to hard. Not my kinda camera
    Oh im not doubting it "works", more that i like my Digital SLR to have some weight and omph behind it. If for any reason i happend to drop my DSLR (god forbid) i would really apreciate it if it stayed in one piece with maybe a minor dent or scratch. If i pay around £1000 for a camera i expect that. I would like to see the reminents of a 300D after droped on the concrete. And while your at it, get a photo of the dust pan and brush used to clean it up........hey you can use my D60 to take the photo
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Editing is what makes the difference these days really. Ask Tim Ward, he just learnt that

Originally posted by Simpleboy
      From what ive seen here Tamron have a bad name, sure they arent the fastest A/F lens out there but my 24-135 is great. Nice and sharp, still havent had a go at aviation shots yet though. Canons L glass will be the way to go but i doubt your willing to spend that much.

Heres a few good quotes for ya to read.

I used the 300D coupled with a 75-300mm a few days back. Thought i was gona break the dam thing if i pressed the shutter to hard. Not my kinda camera
      Oh im not doubting it "works", more that i like my Digital SLR to have some weight and omph behind it. If for any reason i happend to drop my DSLR (god forbid) i would really apreciate it if it stayed in one piece with maybe a minor dent or scratch. If i pay around £1000 for a camera i expect that. I would like to see the reminents of a 300D after droped on the concrete. And while your at it, get a photo of the dust pan and brush used to clean it up........hey you can use my D60 to take the photo
      Brown noser. Damn your knees must be sore.

Comment

I think those quotes fit this topic very well. It also saves me time from writing that you dont want a 300D, you want a S/H D60 and with the money you save buy some more gear for it. You'll be happy you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Torin Wilson
          HAHAHAHAH!!! LMAO!!! :P

Sorry Sam, but that's just too funny.
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
            I think those quotes fit this topic very well. It also saves me time from writing that you dont want a 300D, you want a S/H D60 and with the money you save buy some more gear for it. You'll be happy you did.
            Money I save? I can't find a D60 which is cheaper than a brand new 300D!! Second hand sellers over here can be really stingy sometimes

I think I may get the Canon EF 75-300 F4-5.6 IS USM, from what I've seen the Image Stabiliser actually makes a significant difference. But if I decide I won't really be needing it it'll be the 75-300 F4-5.6 USM III

Comment

Originally posted by Mungous
              Money I save? I can't find a D60 which is cheaper than a brand new 300D!! Second hand sellers over here can be really stingy sometimes
              That's surprising considering the D60 is two generations old. But if you can find one which cost equal or less than the 300D, then I would suggest you get it.
              Click Here for my aviation photographs.
              No Frontiers

Comment

An un-named D60 owner recently asked me whether it was worth ditching his D60 in favour of a 300D - i said no.

They are capable of producing very similar outputs, but the build quality of the D60 is loads better, plus its a more able camera in terms of features.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                  Originally posted by Torin Wilson
                  HAHAHAHAH!!! LMAO!!! :P

Sorry Sam, but that's just too funny.
                  Really? Its been his only insult for me for quite a while now so its lost its impact.

And Hugh, have you really seen a 300D for less than NZ$700?
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                    And Hugh, have you really seen a 300D for less than NZ$700?
                    Wtf I never even mentioned a price, all I said was I can't find one cheaper

Comment

Working...
                    X