Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get into the mojave grave yard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get into the mojave grave yard...

im planning on going on vacation in feb. to either california or DC(to visit the udv. hazy center, and go to dc proper). if i go to california, i have 2 questons

1. is it posible to get tours to take pics

2. if so, how does one go about doing that?

anywhay, thanks in advance
    ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

schuyler,
    Some of the JP photographers (including me) went in July earlier this, while on the LAX meet.

Yes, it is possible to have tours around the boneyard. I think if there's more than one person, it only costs $5 each, otherwise it's abit more expensive.

So you arrive at the airport, tell them how many people there are. Then you'll be taken around in a 7 seater van. They'll stop every few minutes and let you open the sliding door to allow you to snap photos. It's forbidden to get out of the van though. The tour lasts approx 30 minutes. Once it's finished, that's when you pay. That's about it really.

Enjoy your tour

Dale

Comment

I was one of the photographers Dale is talking about (my bladder still hurts from that trip )

James might be able to give you the full route to get there, but as far as I recall you take the Interstate 5 Northbound, and after around 90 miles take the 14 northbound to Palmdale/Lancaster. From there you can see the airport and you should be able to find you own way. I think you should be looking for the administrationsbuiling.

Some more info could be found on www.mojaveairport.com

Comment

taken directly from www.mojaveairport.com ...

Photography
        Due to the sensitive nature of some of our Community Businesses, photography is not permitted in the aircraft storage areas.
        www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Originally posted by Spotter
          I was one of the photographers Dale is talking about (my bladder still hurts from that trip )
          It was even funnier when you finally got to take a pi$$ in a gas/petrol station, then the four of us hid in the corner of the car park in the car so you couldn't find us Then when you came back out you thought we'd drove off and left you ROFL!

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
            Originally posted by Spotter
            It was even funnier when you finally got to take a pi$$ in a gas/petrol station, then the four of us hid in the corner of the car park in the car so you couldn't find us Then when you came back out you thought we'd drove off and left you ROFL!
            Noooo that was before the visit, I'm talking about after (got to take the piss @ IN-n-OUT)

Comment

Originally posted by airplanegeek
              taken directly from www.mojaveairport.com ...

Photography
              Due to the sensitive nature of some of our Community Businesses, photography is not permitted in the aircraft storage areas.
              We were with airport officials at the time, so they only took us to the non- sensitive areas. There were a couple of places we weren't taken to.

Comment

I was stuck in the middle .. damn that seat was uncomfortable!

But the seeds were good.. weren't they Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                  I was stuck in the middle .. damn that seat was uncomfortable!
                  That's why I gave you that seat on the way back to LA Adam

Comment

Watch out dale.. the planes in your signature are about to crash :P

Comment

NO Adam, they might be on different FL's!.....god!....what the hell is ERAU teaching you!.
                      ***My Blog***

Comment

It's forbidden to get out of the van though
                        Why its not like you can jack a plane from there

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                          That's what we thought too. I dunno why it's forbidden...

Comment

one word: liability

they dont want you tripping on a peice of scrap mettal and sueing them or the aircraft's holder. thy also dont want you messing with the planes(brakeing/stealing things)... i would also assume that holders do not want people screwing with theit stuff while its in storage
                            ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                              lol..."come on dude, hurry up and tie the rope to the gear!"
                              ***My Blog***

Comment

Working...
                              X