easyjet tied together with String ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easyjet tied together with String ?

This is one to be filed under 'B' But I cant help noticing the string hanging from the Captains window. I have never noticed this before, any ideas what it is and what purpose it serves?

I have seen this sort of thing on gliders to show if you are balanced in role and yaw but surely not on a B737. (Not the best place for it either.)

I have just checked through recent uploads and came across this one which shows that its an optical illusion. These are seams in the skin and on double checking the print that this was scanned from, the extra detail was washed out in the scanning process and Neat Image clean up.

[id=386190]
    My first photo uploaded at high resolution. ZK-FRE. Boeing 737-3U3. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Its funny you should mention that. I saw a bit that looked like it was dangling from an old Virgin 742..

I don't know what that is either ?? ??

Comment

It's the gear door Jid. Just the angle you're on.

First one, it's an extra piece of skin that is riveted on. If you look on fuselage windows, you'll see a rasied part around the edges. Thats where a crack has been repaired. Non-flush skin repair.

You can see the patch there. The line on the above shot is just because of the shadow

[/img]

Comment

Well it sorta looks like a dangly bit if it had not been blown up
          thanks Torin

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Torin.

Comment

I've noticed the "dangly bit" on the VS 742 too Jid, and like you I was abit suspicious. After a discussion with a VS engineer, it turned out it's just the angle of the landing gear door

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
                I've noticed the "dangly bit" on the VS 742 too Jid, and like you I was abit suspicious. After a discussion with a VS engineer, it turned out it's just the angle of the landing gear door

Dale
                I'm not a VS engineer

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE

Dale
                  I'm pretty sure I told you it was the landing gear door too.

Comment

You might of done James, can't remember TBH :P Harry Spotter definitely said something about it to me though...

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk

Go Shaft Yourself...

Yes, that thing you see is the gear door acting as an airflow deflector...
                      I say BADSHARP and BADLIGHTING on that one bro

Comment

Working...
                      X