Printing our Shots - Recommendations on Printers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing our Shots - Recommendations on Printers

After always using a nearby photo lab to get a physical copy of all my shots, I've been thinking about getting a decent quality printer to churn these things out at home.

Does anyone else print from home (4x6, 5x7, 8x10)?? I've been looking at a couple Canon and Epson printers in the $250-$350 market. Any recommendations? The ink seems to be pretty steep as well....any thoughts on if it is worth it (financially and time wise) over a photo lab?

Im now back logged about 800 photos that need to be printed, and the thought of paying $.40 a pop might make buying a printer/ink/paper over the long run a better choice.

Thoughts? Thanks!

-Rich

I bought an Epson R300 (UK model). Produces very good results as long as you get the right paper. I got it for £130, but it's the ink that costs alot. Printing A4 (or 10x eats the ink at a high rate, but it's not going to stop me as i'm impressed by the quality.

Comment

Canon I9900

Comment

Any Epson "photo" printer is the best in my opinion.

I have a Epson 1280 wide format printer, (Approx $450.00 2 1/2 years ago) It has roll paper adapter, and prints up to 13" wide.
        The print results are very professional looking, better than some photo prossesing places.
        Note, you must use Epson ink and paper, any thing else you are wasting time and money!
        Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by JonyJay2
          Any Epson "photo" printer is the best in my opinion.
          have to agree with you there, its also what my photog teacher says but youve thrown his opinion out the window.
          Sam Rudge
          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I use these printers:

Whether your photos are on your phone or on your desktop, EZ Prints helps you create and customize everything from panoramic and photo prints to metal & canvas prints! What would you like to create today? Browse EZ Prints entire selection here for your printing needs!

&

-Adam

Comment

If you want prints that last and that surpass home printer quality try Costco, an online printer, Walmart, a drug store or other place that offers digital prints. They last longer and are much better than printing them at home. They are cheaper too. I pay .19 a pop at Costco while at home I might pay .50 each.
              CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

I do Costco, good 4x6's for 19 cents.

Comment

I've got an HP psc 2410 photosmart multifunction thing. Sure it wasn't specifically designed for prints and it was cheap but it still does a great job especially with photo paper. Only prints up to A4 but if I want it bigger I'll go to a shop and get it done properly.

Comment

I have a Canon i470D. Great deal for $120. Now even cheaper. The black ink runs about $8 while the color ink runs about $18.

Produces great results as my house is filled with frames photographs from them. Does anything from the smallest to standard paper size. Packaged software is also a great utility for the printing.
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X