Unlevel horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlevel horizons

What's happening lately concerning the unlevel horizons? Do these screeners get their free suply of booz or what is it? I'm getting loads of rejections for unlevel horizons, which are not there, or het tarmac in question was unlevel.

I understand that some degree of level is needed, but I do think the screeners are over-reacting a bit.

Watch this one:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

And check the line of the windows on this 747, either this picture is level, or my monitor is broken.

Marcel
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My pictures at JetPhotos:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=7359

May want to check your monitor then, because every light pole in the picture is leaning towards the left.

As an aside, when leveling a photo the best things to look at (IMHO) are light poles and structures. In most cases these are not built on slopes or angles...
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Wind

Do you know how windy it gets in England in the wintertime?
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      My pictures at JetPhotos:
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=7359

Comment

Re: Wind

Originally posted by marcel32us
        Do you know how windy it gets in England in the wintertime?
        U could always edit it on PS or PSP.

Comment

Did someone mention free booze

About 1.28 degrees CW should level it up I reckon. Unlevel horizon rejections can be very deceptive at times and this is a good example!

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
            May want to check your monitor then, because every light pole in the picture is leaning towards the left.

As an aside, when leveling a photo the best things to look at (IMHO) are light poles and structures. In most cases these are not built on slopes or angles...
            HAHAHAHA

You obviously haven't been to Melbourne. No 2 poles are on the same angle. Frustrating when trying to level.

Comment

Originally posted by Torin Wilson
              Originally posted by pullin4u

HAHAHAHA

You obviously haven't been to Melbourne. No 2 poles are on the same angle. Frustrating when trying to level.
              Nope, you're right, never been there. Would like to someday though, along with SYD.
              I have a similar issue down at MKE in that the runway is actually somewhat sloped, and the background terrain is at a different angle yet...makes it interesting to say the least.
              George R. Widener
              Oshkosh, WI USA
              Aircraft Photos Here
              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

same it DUS, the runway is not the same level as the horizon. You have to make a cpmpromise.

However in the first pic it is clearly vissible. I always check by looking at the pic in Windows and checking if I spot an unlevel pole while adjusting it to the side of the windows scroll bar. If I see it then, then it needs fixing. If it looks ok then, I leave it as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                  same it DUS, the runway is not the same level as the horizon. You have to make a cpmpromise.

However in the first pic it is clearly vissible. I always check by looking at the pic in Windows and checking if I spot an unlevel pole while adjusting it to the side of the windows scroll bar. If I see it then, then it needs fixing. If it looks ok then, I leave it as it is.
                  Another good idea. I usually use the crop box in Paint Shop Pro, but the scroll bar would work as well...
                  George R. Widener
                  Oshkosh, WI USA
                  Aircraft Photos Here
                  Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

straightened image

you can see by the copyright box at the bottom how crooked it was
                    ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                    X