Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA Boeing 767-336/ER - Leak?

Hi All,

I took this photo of a British Airways Boring 767-336/ER turning on to the runway at Manchester and noticed that there seemed to be a fluid leaking from underneath it. I've never seen this before. Does anyone know what this could be? It seems to be coming from a valve or something. Could it just be condensation that is dripping from the underside? It was quite mild that morning so I doubt the aircraft had been de-iced.

[photoid=394349]

Any comments would be appreciatied.

Darren
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

someone needed the loo before takeoff,similar to what happend to me in PMI the flight attendant said i could go to the toilet as we wasnt taxiing for another 10 mins.as soon as i got in there the plane was pushing back so i had to run into my seat quick

Comment

So is the same thing happening on this 767 which had just landed at Changi? Look at the thin strips of condensation on the fuselage around the centre tank area.

[photoid=322143]

Matt
      My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Our flight attendants are specifically told not to poor liquid down the sinks on pushback for this reason...wet engineers!

On our 737s we have problems with brown streaks down the fuselage, it is caused by pouring coffee down the drains.

Cheers.

Comment

Make note:

The water is from a lav sink, not a toliet.

The toliets drain into a tank in the aircraft where it is dumped upon reaching its destination.

The sinks however, are dumped overboard. In this picture, it is probaly some FA wash his or her hands before takeoff.

Hope this helps.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Click Here to view my photography website!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcphoto1011
            Make note:

The water is from a lav sink, not a toliet.

The toliets drain into a tank in the aircraft where it is dumped upon reaching its destination.

The sinks however, are dumped overboard. In this picture, it is probaly some FA wash his or her hands before takeoff.

Hope this helps.
            Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking that it would be pretty gross if the liquid from the john was just dumped overboard

Comment

Working...
            X