Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 28th At MAN, Wheres Everyone Going To Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry dumb american. But what is going on at MAN. Guessing an airshow?With all you guys there we'll prolly get every angle possible of every plane.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Mike : its the European Champions League Final, and 2 foreign teams are in it, 1 italian and a choice of wither a Spanish or another Italian team for the final. That means LOTS of extra charter flights inbound from those countries, plus the many private jets coming in for it with VIP's. Just imagine, 55,000 seats to fill in a stadium, now how many aircraft is that of 747 size?

As far as I know the original request from UEFA was for 200 extra slots for 140 charter airctaft, and 60 private jets. BUT apparently it has now rose to 200 slots for civilian charter aircraft and 60 VIP slots.
      E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Jason..... please remember whos stadium it is
        55000 ??!!
        more like 67000

remember Man Utd .... champions of England

cheers Tony

Comment

haha nice one Tony

Jason are you going to have your Sheff Wed top on so we can all laugh at you?

Cheers
          John H

Comment

Wow wish I was there. I prolly don't need to tell you guys this. But take lots of pics!!!!
            Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Man positions

Hi everybody, my first post on the site. AC Milan are on the way but we will have to wait till tomorrow to see who else is coming. It will be quite a site if Juventus qualify. I wondor how many Italian airliners are actualy available on the day ?. I have heard that BY are making available spare aircraft !!

On the subject of best places to watch, depends on the wind, if westerlies are forcast, it looks like 24R arrivals. 200 airliners will simply not fit in to the terminal area, so I believe once a/c are unloaded they will be towed over to the new runway for parking !, so there goes any plans for action shots on the new runway. Dont forget MAN is gearing up for the summer season so will be very busy anyway. Biz are going to be parked on in and around the taxiways near to NEA. The taxiway closest to theAVP will remain open(get out your wide angle lens)

Cheers

Glenn Wheeler

Comment

Ok, this is getting more and more exciting - only 2 weeks to go.

Can we re-name it "MAN-day"?

Comment

Yeah, MAN-DAY

Any one got the lost of the charter arrivals yet?

Joe,
                  | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

MAN AKA ROME/MILAN

OK so thats it then Juventus V AC Milan, no spanish, just hoards of italians. Stand by for the flood of slot applications.!

Cheers

Glenn Wheeler

Comment

Tony : 67,000 then, my guess is probably closer than most United glory followers could guess.

John : Depends on the weather, if it rains ill be in it, if not I might just take a chance and wear a T-Shirt lol. That reminds me I must get a new raincoat to replace it to save me the piss take, already gonna get it down at LGW with Ben Pritchard.

The TAS site says some announcement will be made today (15th May 2003) on what provisional slot applications have been made, but you know the TAS website, always alittle slow to update!

An all Italian finals is alittle boring, not enough variation but hell its gonna be the busyest day of the airports history so it dont matter what teams are in the final, were all gojng to be at the airport and not at the final right? Would have much more prefferd a Spanish and Italian final. At least we will get to see some interesting Italian birds.....and not just the ones with wings and engines .

Im sure at one point I must have a wonder around an arrivals area to spot the female talent coming in.

Roll on Alitalia 777's and Neos 738's (With Winglets)! How many more airlines are there in Italy, surely not enough to cope!
                      E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Im sure at one point I must have a wonder around an arrivals area to spot the female talent coming in.

Thats why I wanted a Spanish-Italian final...wanted to see P. Cruz

(see pic below)

-clovis

Comment

One updated TAS site:

"Only" 38000 fans are expected, with 24000 arriving on the day. Therefore, one wonders what the days before the 28th will bring!

David

Comment

Working...
                          X