Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really really confusing right now~ bad info??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really really confusing right now~ bad info??

I have uploaded 5 photos to the database of a USAF Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker in Abbotsford Airshow 2004 and ALL are rejected because of bad info. I thought that would be the wrong registration number (since I don't know which is the exactly registration number of military aircrafts). So, I went to search the database to find the EXACT registration of that aircraft and reloaded them again. Then, AGAIN, ALL are rejected because of similar to some photos in the database and bad info AGAIN??

Can anyone help me out? Here are my 5 photos of that aircraft:

Thanks a lot~ That's really confusing and I've spent more than a hour to get these five photos upload again and again~
    Macbook...Start lovin' Mac~
    View my photos on Jetphotos.Net

Did you read your email?

The first round of uploads had the wrong rego and no manufacturer, the second round had the wrong rego...I specified that on the email!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
      Did you read your email?

The first round of uploads had the wrong rego and no manufacturer, the second round had the wrong rego...I specified that on the email!
      Oh really? Let me check my email since I just keep checking the website member's section. But, for the rego, I have searched the database and found the exact aircraft with that rego on that day.

Anyway, thanks for your quick help~

Comment

Is it 610272 not equal to 61-0272??
        Sorry for the silly question since I am not very familiar with military aircrafts. Thanks a lot~

Comment

To stop driving us even more crazy may I suggest you just upload one or two at a time to make sure you don't wind up with 40 rejections?

No, the correct format is 61-0272, 61 being the year of manufacture.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
            To stop driving us even more crazy may I suggest you just upload one or two at a time to make sure you don't wind up with 40 rejections?

No, the correct format is 61-0272, 61 being the year of manufacture.
            Reallyl sorry that I have drove you guys crazy. I hope I have done correct this time. AJ, thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Comment

the first two digits are for in fact the fiscal year of commissionning.
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by bowen
                Is it 610272 not equal to 61-0272??
                Sorry for the silly question since I am not very familiar with military aircrafts. Thanks a lot~
                Bowen,

It's not that difficult. The correct serial number is printed out for you underneath the cockpit on the lefthand side. This is in the same way you need to put it in when uploading.
                A US Navy aircraft however uses a BuNo, which would be a number like 610272. Or to be more exact and stay on type, an Navy E-6A will have an rego like 162782.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Try using this site for US Military aircraft.

Corey

Comment

Originally posted by JFKTOWERFAN
                    Try using this site for US Military aircraft.

Corey
                    The top of this page has a great explanation of how USAF and US Army serials work and how to decode what's written on an aircraft to an actual serial.

Comment

Working...
                    X