Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any other spotters in the Tampa Bay area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any other spotters in the Tampa Bay area?

Are there any other spotters that take pictures at TPA? If so, could you please give me some advice on getting better shot angles? If you want some examples of what I have so far, I will have to send them through email since none of the photos have been accepted. Thanks.

Jonathan
    [email protected]
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I tried to go take pictures once, but failed to find any decent spot to sit.. i tried on the side of the highway next to the approach lights for 36L and those came out crappy.. not to mention cops stopping and asking what i was up to.. then i found a place ove by international plaza, behind where the raytheon terminal is.. and i got a good view of 36R, but noone was using it, i only saw one southwest plane take off .. so i dont knwo where to get good pics...
    JetPhotos.Net Lead Programmer
    www.jetphotos.net/matt/

Comment

Is that the spot on the highway that is just past the airport entrance? And for the cops that stop and ask what you are doing when they see you with a camera pointed at a plane, just hand them an "I'm Stupid" sign! Maybe I'll try shooting from different levels of the parking garages. It's too bad we're not allowed to go out to the airsides anymore. Good luck on future shots.

Jonathan
      [email protected]
      When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Comment

if you go past the entrance to the airport and take the exit for 60 west, and then turn around at the first light by the hilton (or hyatt or something) and then go back, bear right, theres a big shoulder to pull off on right by the approach lights.. maybe if i had a decent camera i could have gotten some good shots.. it seemed like a cool spot.
        JetPhotos.Net Lead Programmer
        www.jetphotos.net/matt/

Comment

Working...
        X