V-22 Osprey Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-22 Osprey Pictures

This is the best I could get today. These are never flying when the sun is in the best spot for picture taking. Makes me wonder which is more important their test flying or my picture taking? I submitted a larger version of this one, hopefully it will get accepted.

The quality of this one is bad but an intersting picture anyway.
    My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Lucky the MP's were not all over you, they were all over me like a fly on Sh!t at COS when I was taking pics of the KC-10.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
      Lucky the MP's were not all over you, they were all over me like a fly on Sh!t at COS when I was taking pics of the KC-10.
      There are no MP's here at AMA. The airport police and airport manager know me and don't care if I take pictures. This V-22 is being flown my Marine Corp test pilots near th V-22 assembly plant here in Amarillo.
      My photos at JP.net

Comment

I personally love the look of the V-22. Also a pretty awesome technical feat.

Comment

Torin: How do I get rid of the sky grain? I have tried to blur that area and I have tried Neatimage with little success. Is it just a trait of digital cameras that they will have this graininess in a slowly varying sky color?
          Thanks for any help.
          Scott
          My photos at JP.net

Comment

Originally posted by atcvector
            Torin: How do I get rid of the sky grain? I have tried to blur that area and I have tried Neatimage with little success. Is it just a trait of digital cameras that they will have this graininess in a slowly varying sky color?
            Thanks for any help.
            Scott
            There are not many ways to get rid of grain except noise removal programs like neatimage or blurring the sky. But do not over use it!
            Also you should brighten up the frist one.

Nice pics!
            greetings,
            Philip

Comment

Thanks for any help.
              Scott

No its a trait of crap digital cameras in any condition lol Use ISO100 and the correct settings on a good digital camera and you wont have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by philip
                Also you should brighten up the frist one.

Nice pics!
                Does this look better? I know it is still a bit grainy around the rotor blades.
                My photos at JP.net

Comment

Must be very interesting to observe at t/o and landing configurations.
                  Thanks for sharing the pics.
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Does this look better? I know it is still a bit grainy around the rotor blades.
                    Dust spots...
                    Compression...
                    Grain...
                    Blurry...

Might be better if you have a go from the original

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                      Might be better if you have a go from the original
                      Agree, can't do much with that one.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. I agree this photo probably needs too much work to get accepted. Luckily for me the Ospreys fly almost daily around here. I just cannot seem to find the right location to get a good photo of the airplanes/helicopters.
                        My photos at JP.net

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                          Must be very interesting to observe at t/o and landing configurations.
                          Thanks for sharing the pics.
                          Alain
                          I did manage to get a video of an Osprey doing pattern work the other day. My digit camera strobed the rotor blades due to the low frame rate.
                          The rotor blades are actually turning opposite the direction than they appear in the video.

My photos at JP.net

Comment

Hey atcvector,

I think you emailed me a few weeks ago with regards to a pic I took of an overview of a runway at AMA. I've been taking trips to AMA in the school King Air (N127HT) trying to get some shots of the V-22's. My last try was on April 4th which I finally did see a V-22 but was not able to get a picture of it. The ironic thing is the day after my AMA trip I drove by TUL and there in front of my eyes were 2 V-22's sitting on the ramp...how weird is that. Here are 2 pics of 166388 which had VMX-22 markings. I have not uploaded any of 166386 yet.
                            [photoid=452127]
                            [photoid=452107]
                            -Ralph Duenas

Knowledge & Power Overcome Superstition And Luck.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan13
                              Hey atcvector,

I think you emailed me a few weeks ago with regards to a pic I took of an overview of a runway at AMA. I've been taking trips to AMA in the school King Air (N127HT) trying to get some shots of the V-22's. My last try was on April 4th which I finally did see a V-22 but was not able to get a picture of it. The ironic thing is the day after my AMA trip I drove by TUL and there in front of my eyes were 2 V-22's sitting on the ramp...how weird is that. Here are 2 pics of 166388 which had VMX-22 markings. I have not uploaded any of 166386 yet.
                              Nice pictures. It is irritating that I cannot get to a good place to take pictures of these. The assembly plant will not allow cameras on their ramp or in the flight hanger. I will just have to wait until I am in a postion to get a good photo of one an Ospery in the air.

Keep up the good work.
                              My photos at JP.net

Comment

Working...
                              X