I quit Airliners.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FUAirliner
    [This is what I have observed: at airliners.net rare aircraft at stunning angles get far more hits than at JetPhotos.net. At JetPhotos.net side-on shots of common aircraft get more hits than on airliners.net. This is the reason why I upload common aircraft (nevertheless with the highest possible quality and with good lighting ) only to JetPhotos.net and/or PlanePictures.net, but not to airliners.net.
    I think we're making a wee bit overanalysis of aircraft pics here.

Comment

• Welcome Andy,

It's great to see you here.

A great photographer and a very nice person too.

Hope you enjoy the relaxed pace over here.

Regards

Garry
      Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
      Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

• Welcome Andy!

Nice to see you here.

-Clovis

Comment

• welcome Andy - anet loss is JPgain

Comment

• WELCOME ANDY!

Comment

• It also seems to me that a.net is favoring digital shots. Some of use don't care for that and will continue to shoot Kodachrome 64. This site is also easier to upload to.

Stephen

Comment

• After hearing about the latest BS at a.net yesterday I had my photos and forum username deleted from there. I will not associate myself with that site because of the way it is run.

Comment

• Good move Steve. I think I'm going to pull my photos aswell.

-Clovis

Comment

• Bad move.

Comment

• Good move.
                      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

• bad move
                        View my photos at JP.Net
                        Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                        Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

• I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone what is a good or bad move regarding their own photos.

Each individual should do what they think is right and agree or disagree, everone should respect that decision.

Regards

Garry
                          Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                          Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

• I am not into this hobby for massive exposure and money. I am more than satisfied only uploading here at JP.

Comment

• Originally posted by atco
                              I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone what is a good or bad move regarding their own photos.

Each individual should do what they think is right and agree or disagree, everone should respect that decision.

Regards

Garry
                              Exactly what I was thinking.

Meanwhile, my photos were pulled from Airliners without any notice. Oh well, was gonna ask them anyway, saved me the trouble.

Get a look at your shots from the 28th yet Garry? I'm uploading like mad!

-Clovis

Comment

• Now I'm worried about another issue that Chris & co. probably didn't think about. when Chris gave birth to this site he probably didn't plan on massive growth happening very quickly. Things were moving along slowly but surely until a.net's problems come to a boil, and now a flood of "refugees" want to bring their photos here and we already see the queue & photo id#'s growing extremely fast. I wonder if there will be server and bandwidth issues happening quicker than you guys thought. A large website with 100,000s of photos and growing visitors can be expensive and have "growing pains" as Johan found out once a.net grew beyond his "hobby" stage. But in his case, he hadn't reached #200,000 until late 2001 which was like 3 years after the site was born! I predict that this site will be at least #150000 by its 1yr anniversary!
                                View my photos at JP.Net
                                Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                                Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Working...
                                X