Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK I did not post, just because CDG spotting called me back !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I did not post, just because CDG spotting called me back !!!

It took nearly two years to be heard and listened to, I set off my way back to CDG on last Saturday and Sunday.
    On the pros and ranging from Air Horizons two 733s and single 734 to Jet2.com, I pictured quite a few birds for the first time ... Report
    Saturday was forcasted as enjoying some nice weather from mid morning after the lift of the fog blanket. So at about 8 am, I set off my way from Saint-Cloud to CDG amid a thick layer of fog which showed signs to last much more than anticipated. Since the runway orientations were westerly 27/09 & 28/10, I just walked a short distance to the fence bordering Terminal 3 and altogether discarded the Delta loop parallel taxyways as the space available for outside photographer has been reduced to just enough lengh to allow picturing a 737-500 in good conditions !!!. Every flight was virtually delayed. Despite the gripping fog, activity could be observed on T3 apron but no picture could be made. Finally the fog blanket started lifting out at 12.30 or so, allowing the picturing of AMC's single 3ten, an AtlasBlue 734 (CN-RNC), former GO 733 G-IGOI now in full EZY regalia with the new corporate logo (Come On Let's Fly). But soon, it was time moving to the afternoon side of the parallels, which I am not found of as when light is good, a sun glare runs lengh-wise on taxying aircrafts, and not to mention the piece of crap acting as the background.
    Unlike the wake, Sunday proved nice from the beginning and while riding to the airport, the show from the train windows revealed clients heading to runways 09/27 and 10/28, GOTCHAAAAHHHH. He was the eaterly wind asking for a walk to the Meteorologic station along alpha-loop. The second fence has been removed, but on the dark side, the area available to outsiders has been downsized to a mere thrity feet or so long stretch Half of which is set opposite the taxyway bridges stretching above Highway A1. It instantly became clear this banned full profile side view if restricted by the size of the step ladder ... As mine is a wonderful light allow steel US made Webber three stepper I bought years ago for shooting at Boeing Field, I got off course too short for standing at the second half which requires a five steps ! Nethertheless keen to bring back a few pictures with a proper green background, I settled for slightly three quarter front views.
    Enters the show.
    Something which never changed and will never do at CDG is you just can't get everything and so to the exception of two Air India 747-400s and a JAL Cargo 747-200F in today's c/s white finish, everything sporting the livery of an Asian and Middle Eastern airline proceeded through the south side. So farwell Qatar 332, Gulf Air 343 in today's colors, Thai 744 Royal Barge + APEC, Singapore 744, MAS (yes even MAS which usually taxies north) 744, PIA 3ten in revised today c/s 5, China Eastern two A346s and so on... Adding to the cons : no UA 763s in new colors today, they prefered showing up when fog reigned supreme as did the Star Alliance liveried sister-ship, Vietnam 772, Varig MD11 in all-white Star Alliance finish ....
    The brighter side nethertheless sent taxying to 09/27 quite a few things starting with a LOT ERJ-170 which provided with my first opportunity to see and picture the Brazilian 70 seater, definitely more esthetically balanced than the CRJ700.

Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com
Working...
X