Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Page/Queue Revision

Hi all,

Due to multiple (and nearly continuous) instances of folks uploading numerous photos of the same aircraft, from slightly different angles, and clogging the queue, it has become necessary to make a slight modification to the upload page.

From this point on, a specific photographer will be able to have a maximum of two (2) photos of a particular registration in the queue at any time. Once those photos have been screened, you will have the option to upload more photos of that reg if necessary.

With upload numbers skyrocketing, and no end in sight, this is one of the little things we are trying to do to keep the queue moving better for you guys!

Questions or comments, as always, are welcome!
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

That's a great idea Chris!

Comment

Is there any way you can make it so that different catagories of the same N# are allowed to be uploaded in batches of three or four? Say I go and fly in a friend's King Air, would there be any way for me to upload one full panel shot, one inflight panel shot, one exterior shot, and one cabin shot? It doesn't really matter, it would just be nice to be able to upload them all at once.

Thanks,

Alex.
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea but I agree with Alex that 2 might be a little overkill and that 3 or 4 might be a better fit. Or you could start 'hiring' again

Comment

Generally we limit the number of photos of the same aircraft to 2 anyways. It's just that we (screeners) have to reject the others. Now the system does it for us.

Great job Chris!
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Excellent idea and a good way to show a real collection.
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

makes a lot of sense.

Comment

This is a good idea in that it might also make a photographer take a good look at their photos to determine which ones are truly worth submitting. Rather than submit 3 or 4 shots of the same aircraft on the same approach or as it rolls on by.

My photos on Jetphotos.net

Comment

I think thats a really good idea! good thinking!

Comment

Suggestion: as far as an exterior shot of an aircraft: submit your best one, there's really no reason to submit 4 or 5 that look similiar. Unless you are one who thinks you have to upload 5 shots of every plane just to get more photos on the database and more hits.

Comment

This works well for me. One thing that comes to mind is airshows, as it is pretty easy to get more than 2 very different photos of one aircraft especially if they have static displays where being creative is a lot more easy.
                      Perhaps raising it to 3? Or applying for more if you can show you know what constitues of a widely different angle.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                        This works well for me. One thing that comes to mind is airshows, as it is pretty easy to get more than 2 very different photos of one aircraft especially if they have static displays where being creative is a lot more easy.
                        Perhaps raising it to 3? Or applying for more if you can show you know what constitues of a widely different angle.
                        I don't think that there is too much of a need for uploading more than 2 angles of the plane at the same time. If as a photographer, you have something amazing than odds are that is what will go in first. I can understand where the worry comes from, but it is important to remember that once the pictures are accepted into the database (assuming they are) you can put additional photos of the same plane into the queue.

Comment

Is there some sort of hurry to get shots added? 2 seems adequate, just pick your best then upload 2 more once the first couple have been screened.

Comment

How does this affect photos if you dont know the registration?
                            Sam Rudge
                            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Nice idea Chris. I think it should work a treat reducing upload numbers.

Cheers, Chris
                              Chris Sharps
                              5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                              17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                              24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                              1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Working...
                              X