No announcement yet.

Photography in AMS - some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all a matter of photography technique. He's one of those photographers who continually presses the shutter release during an approach session, just to have the possibility to select the best shots. Just like in the good old slide times

As for next weekend: so far I don't know, if I will be able to make to ZRH. I'll let you know ASAP.

Cheers
    Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi LX-A343,
      I saw this thread today,I was also on the "the kaagbaan" last saturday.
      I know there where a lot people who speak german.
      Saw you the man with the 600mm + 1.4 convertor ? (no it was not me)
      cheers,
      airwim

Comment

Originally posted by airwim
        Saw you the man with the 600mm + 1.4 convertor ? (no it was not me)
        Who didn't? I mean, this thing doesn't go unnoticed. I saw him at the KAagbaan and then later at the Polderbaan. Gosh! 600mm plus 1.4x convertor. No wonder, he was pointing to the aircraft landing on RWY 18C (I guess) ..... from the Polderbaan!!!!

I went with a ZRH Spotter-friend. At the end, we were 7 ZRH-based spotters there. )

AMS - a spotter's heaven!!!!!!

Gerardo

Comment

Well, that was DUS local Andreas Schmidt. (pix on pp.net)
          greetings,
          Philip

Comment

I saw his pics on PP.net: fantastic stuff!!

Cheers
            Gerardo

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
              There's just one favour I am asking the AMS authorities: could you please get your thousands of lamp posts level?
              Or better yet, make them retractable so they only show up at night

Comment

Originally posted by airwim
                Saw you the man with the 600mm + 1.4 convertor ?
                Just for everybody else here, so that you know, what we are talking about: open up this pic, and look only at the tripod, or better, what's mounted on the tripod.
                [photoid=448454]

For Jid or others who are planning a trip to AMS: I noticed some heat distortion already. So either you plan a 2-day trip, with photography in the early morning and late afternoon, or look for spotting places, where the aircraft are higher up in the air.

Cheers
                Gerardo
                Last edited by LX-A343; 2005-04-06, 05:36.

Comment

Just for everybody else here, so that you know, what we are talking about: open up this pic, and look only at the tripod, or better, what's mounted on the tripod.
                  [photoid=448454]
                  No need to... the object you're referring to is clearly visible even at thumbnail size.

For Jid or others who are planning a trip to AMS: I noticed some heat distortion already. So either you plan a 2-day trip, with photography in the early morning and late afternoon, or look for spotting places, where the aircraft are higher up in the air.
                  Don't worry, the sun doesn't shine all that often around here. You'd have to be extremely unlucky to have your trip coincide with entirely cloudless days...

Seriously though, heat distortion can be a big problem indeed, even on sunny winter days.

Paul

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Cheers
                    Gerardo
                    very true. I even got some on cloudy days with not more than 10-14°c!
                    greetings,
                    Philip

Comment

Working...
                    X