Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Manchester (MAN)

Hi,
    Im fairly new to the community, well posting anyway. Im moving to Manchester at the end of this month and want to make contact with the photographers there and say hi to you all. Also i want to take this opportunity to say hi to everyone else,I have only a humble 140 pics in the d.b. and im still learning.Anyways it would be nice to hear from you all, I look forward to learning from the great pro's out there.

Several MAN photo'og are here and I think there is a forum on Yahoo for them. Good luck in the move

Comment

Manchester photographer here, I don't get down there that often anymore but I'll look forward too meeting you there one day

Joe.

Comment

Hi there Joe,good to meet you,Im moving to Wilmslow so nice and close to the airport,hopefully will be getting a job on the ramp, fingers crossed.Hope to meet up with you there soon.
        Phil

Comment

Hi Phil, well you will be just down the road from me in Knutsford. Your on the right side of the airport, sunlight wise. You are only 5/10 mins away from all the popular spots, a bit further if you use a push bike like me

Catch you there soon .. Jid

Comment

G'day Phil,

Manchester has quite a crew when it comes to photographers. There's plenty of decent spots to shoot from all around the airport which are fairly easily to find. No doubt I'll see you down there sometime

Happy shootings,

Dale

Comment

Hey Jid and Dale,
              Great to speak to you guys,Im really looking forward to meeting you.Its nice to know I'll be around a great bunch of fellow photog,s. Knutsford isnt far at all Jid, just a small Q, where do you park in the mornings when theyre taking off opposite the AVP,because the little road to the gate is double yellow lines. Do you park in the car park of the hotel?Thanks for a great response guys.

Comment

I get down to Manchester every so often on the rare occasion the sun decides to show its face. Im usualy down with Dale, James and crew if you see us on the south side come say hello. Welcome to Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Hi there, great stuff,I'll look out for you all.Hopefully the sun will shine a lot in the summer, fingers crossed. By the way how or where do you guys get your smilleys from,I want some!! Thanks for the welcome and a really great response.
                  Phil

Comment

The link is at the bottom of each page just below the posting rules Phil, which says 'smileys (click on that word) are on'

Dale

Comment

Welcome to the forums Phil! Im sure I wil also catch you at MAN sometime along with Jid, Dale, James et al. Looking forward to meeting up, absolutely loved 2 of your latest shots into the DB .

[photoid=458989]

[photoid=458985]

In regards to parking there is some space near the rotation point or for the threshold the hotel lane is good.
                      E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Global Pics
                        Hey Jid and Dale,
                        Great to speak to you guys,Im really looking forward to meeting you.Its nice to know I'll be around a great bunch of fellow photog,s. Knutsford isnt far at all Jid, just a small Q, where do you park in the mornings when theyre taking off opposite the AVP,because the little road to the gate is double yellow lines. Do you park in the car park of the hotel?Thanks for a great response guys.
                        Park in the lane between the black gate and the hotel. You can park on the hotel as well I have heard they dont mind as long as the car park is not full. Dont park on the road from the roundabout to the gate, you will get a ticket and possibly removed!

Catch you there soon .. Jid

Comment

I hate walking around Manchester, damn buses took me half an hour to walk from the AVP to the terminal... couldn't even find the end of 06L spot lol..someone buy me a scooter powered by chip pan oil.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
                          View the Darkside

Comment

Thanks for the directions, that will save me getting a visit from Mr clamper!!! !!!! Glad you like the pics by the way.Im really looking forward to the move now, cant wait to meet you guys and learn from the pros .Luton Airport although serving me well over time is boring me to death now .Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MIDY
                              I hate walking around Manchester, damn buses took me half an hour to walk from the AVP to the terminal... couldn't even find the end of 06L spot lol..someone buy me a scooter powered by chip pan oil.
                              Get a push bike !!!
                              06L spot ?? Top Secret
                              [PLUG ALERT !!!]
                              [photoid=462381]

Comment

Working...
                              X