X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft not centered advice.

Hi.

Rightly so this picture was rejected.
    http://jetphotos.net/images/g/GW6784a.jpg.56580.jpg.
    Am i correct in saying the subject should be centered except when it obviously looks odd.In this case the fuselage should be center of frame?
    I have noticed photos of aircraft on the ground usually have fuselage as center.
    Got it a bit out the other way also. GMFU with this pic!

Thank you

Greg.
    My contribution to JetPhotos

Generally, the aircraft should look centred. In this picture, it looks a little low. The aircraft needs to be a little higher in the shot. Other than that, it's a really nice pic.
    YBBN - James

Comment

It's difficult to tell what "centered" is sometimes especially when you have the wings (or rotor on a helicopter) sticking out so much further than the fuselage. I usually try to use the fuselage as a guide, use the crop tool and then drag it around to see what looks best. Some shots...like this one, are hit and miss I find as far as centering goes.
      Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
      EF 50mm 1.4 USM
      EF-S 18-55mm
      EF 28-135mm IS USM
      EF 70-200mm f4L
      EF 100-400L IS
      1.4X II Teleconverter
      Canon 420EX Speedlite
      Canon 430EX Speedlite
      Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

HI

Thanks for your replies-yes it was a bit of a tricky one that I was having trouble getting to look right.It almost got to the stage of personal collection .
        I have uploaded and was accepted

Thanks again
        Regards

Greg

Comment

yea, I rejected that I think.
          The fuse(main mass) isn't centered, but the overall a/c is. But it's usuallt the main mass that makes a photo look properly centered or not.

Comment

Torin,
            Thanks mate It was the first time i had a pic that i had centreing problems-it sort of never looked right.but fixed now.

Retired from screening - sorry to hear that,but i would guess it is because you have spent a reasonable time as a screener and time to be Torin again.
            One thing comes of this of course, you will never again reject a pic of mine

Thanks for all the time put in as a screener,
            Regards

Greg

Comment

Working...
            X