Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you ask permission to take Pictures????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you ask permission to take Pictures????

Tomorrow if the United workers go on strike I'm thinking of going down to SFO airport to get some pictures of them Striking, and maybe get a newspaper to use them. My question is if I take pictures of the strikers do I have to ask them permission or anything to use the pictures???

-Nick R.

Strikers would probably welcome the publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog
      Tomorrow if the United workers go on strike I'm thinking of going down to SFO airport to get some pictures of them Striking, and maybe get a newspaper to use them. My question is if I take pictures of the strikers do I have to ask them permission or anything to use the pictures???

-Nick R.
      Can't hurt to ask. Explain what you are doing and what you want to do with the pictures and they probally will not have any problems. See if you can find a local union officer on the picket line and ask them. They shoud be able to help you.
      Good luck.
      Scott.
      My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

I would assume that the Press would already be all over this, pretty big union and Airport not to cover this story...

Comment

I don't think you'd have a problem, like said before they'd like the publicity.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

As long as they are viewable from "Public Property" and you're taking the pictures while on "Public Property" than thats all you really need. How do you think famous people's lives are ruined by Tabloids in England?

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
              As long as they are viewable from "Public Property" and you're taking the pictures while on "Public Property" than thats all you really need. How do you think famous people's lives are ruined by Tabloids in England?
              The English Paparazzi only shoot the celebs while on public property. If they break the rules, the picture(s) don't get published.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog
                My question is if I take pictures of the strikers do I have to ask them permission or anything to use the pictures???
                Only if you are going to market the images commercially, then you need a model release signed by the individuals in the picture, releasing to you the right to sell them. It does not matter if they are on public property or not.

If you are only going for inclusion in a newspaper in an editorial column or other journalistic article, then no, you do not need permission.

Comment

Working...
                X