Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenses for the 350D

Well,
    time is over, I'll be going to the USA in 2 or 4 weekends and I'll look for my 350D and the lens.

So I'm looking for the right lens (I'll be getting the 18-55mm that comes with the camera.

I saw this one

Looks nice for $250, but I think that it lacks some aperture with f/4.4-f/6.7.

The other one is the Canon 75-300mm III USM (the one without IS) that is about $260.

I'd go for the Canon, but I've seen pretty decent shots taken with the 350D and the Vivitar lens.
    Which one is the best?

Also, the FOV Crop of those EOS cameras will get cropped pics like will look like the ones taken with a 100-400(75-300) or a 150-600(100-400) on a normal 35mm camera.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

vivitar is crap.. get the canon

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia
      Well,
      time is over, I'll be going to the USA in 2 or 4 weekends and I'll look for my 350D and the lens.

So I'm looking for the right lens (I'll be getting the 18-55mm that comes with the camera.

I saw this one
      http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...32913%3A119336
      Looks nice for $250, but I think that it lacks some aperture with f/4.4-f/6.7.

The other one is the Canon 75-300mm III USM (the one without IS) that is about $260.

I'd go for the Canon, but I've seen pretty decent shots taken with the 350D and the Vivitar lens.
      Which one is the best?

Also, the FOV Crop of those EOS cameras will get cropped pics like will look like the ones taken with a 100-400(75-300) or a 150-600(100-400) on a normal 35mm camera.
      Where did you find a 75-300 non IS for 260$? I got mine for 170$.

Comment

Saw it at Ritz or BH Photo I think.
        $230 in bestbuy i think
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia
          Saw it at Ritz or BH Photo I think.
          $230 in bestbuy i think
          Those are the three most expensive places to buy anything. I would never buy ANY camera equipment at BestBuy.

Comment

Well, I tought BestBuy wasn't the most expensive place.

But,
            I'm thinking on getting my 350D either in WalMart or in a small store in the center of Laredo,TX that is called Jett Sales (also I want the black body, BestBuy has only the silver one)
            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I'm getting the 75-300 III USM for a Rebel XT when I get it

Comment

B & H photos!!! 75-300 usm 175 + S/H

Or check out http://www.fredmiranda.com Buy and Sell forums.

you might be able to get one for @ 150 or so if you try hard enough, and stay away from Bestbuy. http://www.bestbuysux.org

Comment

Well, I have never had bad experiences with BestBuy
                  [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

its not that they are a particularly bad store, they just have fairly high prices for all there 'nich' products(individual computer parts, high end cameras(ie: SLRs), and other stuff that the general public is not likely to buy, and if they do, not likely to buy with much research).
                    ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Well, that's right.
                      Anyway, most things that I buy there are xbox games, compact flash cards, batteries and that stuff.

Looks like I'll look for the 350D either at Walmart or Jett Sales
                      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by schuyler
                        its not that they are a particularly bad store, they just have fairly high prices for all there 'nich' products(individual computer parts, high end cameras(ie: SLRs), and other stuff that the general public is not likely to buy, and if they do, not likely to buy with much research).
                        While I mostly agree with you, I have to say that I did get a 1 GB Sandisk CF card for $80 at Best Buy ($60 after rebate) last December.
                        ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

ya, and a CF card is not really nich. im talking about high performence video cards, SLRs, lenses, etc.
                          ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Working...
                          X