Would These Get Accepted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would These Get Accepted?

Although I have a few hundred photos in the d/b already, I'm going to start uploading much more, but I'm curious about certain shots of mine that I enjoy, but have been unable to get onto other sites.

I don't want to waste screener's time by tossing up these photos if they really have no chance. I want to make sure I know the standards well here before I upload.

I'm going to post a few shots here over the next few days to get your thoughts before I submit.

As for heat haze, would this first shot perhaps get overlooked in this shot, considering the action going on?

Thats a good shot but the heat haze off the US Airways wing kills it. Does not cost anything to try.

Comment

Interesting shot but the heat haze ruins this ones chances of acceptance I think.
      http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

I love the shot. You have one tiny dirtspot above the tail.

Comment

Hi Phil!

I really enjoy your LGA photos, quite a few stunners among them. The one above is really hard to judge. While the motive is top notch the heathaze and resulting softness kinda kills it - but you already knew that ,duh...
          It's a pitty but I guess I would reject it for the mentioned reasons. Lets wait for a few other screeners to replie. Maybe trying the same position in the morning or evening works out better.
          greetings,
          Philip

Comment

Yep, composition is great, but the heat haze is a killer im afraid.

Comment

Thanks Philip! Glad you enjoy my work. I have a few hundred more shotsw that I'm about to upload over the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open.

Ok, here's another one that I really like, yet might lose to badmotiv, badcenter or baddistance.

Your thoughts?

Comment

Other than needing a slight CW rotation that looks good.

Comment

I love those approach shots. It's a pity that there is no runway visible as this might lead to baddistance / badcentered.

Roel.

Comment

This kind of motive have a chance you think?

Comment

Although a little far away the framing is nice so id give it a good chance of getting accepted. You'll never know until you try though Phil

Comment

I love all 3 shots, unfortunately the heat haze kills the first one. But your phtos are always worth a look.

Comment

Hi Phil
                          the first one i think as mentioned is killed by the heat haze, for me the other 2 are acceptable and i would accept them, keep them coming!

next trips
                          USA/DXB August.

Comment

On a side note. The last shot looks to be a little under exposed.

Comment

Man that tower shot is absolutely beautiful! Are you using an SLR? It might help your chances if you submitted it under airports, because the plane is a little too far.

Comment

Working...
                              X