Rejection help again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection help again.

How is this low quality? I also don't see any dust spots.

Well how is it bad quality...it just is. The planes are not really sharp, there are signs of intense compression, halos, jaggies, very blurry parts and also grain/noise is present in most of the pics. Dust spots are clearly visible for example on the first photo above the cockpit.

All this could be a result of digital zoom, noise removal progams overuse (like neatimage) or too much editing. Your original photo needs to have a certain quality. Without a decent original it is impossible to get an acceptable photo, no matter how much editing is done. I am not saying that you need a thousand dollar SLR equipment to get photos on the site but it might be that your camera is just not good enough to produce acceptable images.

Just browse through the database a bit to see what we are looking for, you should be able to figure out why these photos were rejected. I recommend you to read a basic photography article/book. Once you know how to use your equipment in different light/weather conditions it will be a lot easier to get photos accepted, and most important you will be a lot more satisfied with your pictures.
    greetings,
    Philip

Comment

One of your main problem, imo seems to be an overuse of Neatimage(or other nosie reduction progams). Other shots just look too pixely and compressed. What type of camera did you use to take these?
      http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

Canon Rebel EOS G. 35mm.

Comment

Do you do prints or slides? Also whats your scanner and what resolution do you use to scan your pictures?
          greetings,
          Philip

Comment

I get prints. The ones I have sent in were matte prints, but my next ones will be glossy. As for the scanner, I get them scanned when I get them developed, so I don't really know.

I meant to link to one photo.
            My question is, am I doomed? Do my photos just suck and there's nothing I can do about it, except give up?

Comment

If you get them scanned at the shop, make sure they are saved as bitmaps or Tiffs. If you do that, the quality just shoots up.
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Too late now. But you have to have them as JPEG to upload them here.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  Too late now. But you have to have them as JPEG to upload them here.
                  Jordan, have them scanned as .bmp or .tif and THEN convert them to .jpg is what he is trying to tell you. All the ones in that list are doomed. Someone mentioned you get some schooling in photography and editing, and to be totally honest, I have to agree.

Comment

I get prints. The ones I have sent in were matte prints, but my next ones will be glossy. As for the scanner, I get them scanned when I get them developed, so I don't really know.

I meant to link to one photo.
                    My question is, am I doomed? Do my photos just suck and there's nothing I can do about it, except give up?
                    Don't give up....just take each rejection as a learning experience. If you look at each photo and find the reasons for the rejection....even though you may not be able to fix them maybe you can find a way to eliminate them for the next time you go out and shoot.
                    Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
                    EF 50mm 1.4 USM
                    EF-S 18-55mm
                    EF 28-135mm IS USM
                    EF 70-200mm f4L
                    EF 100-400L IS
                    1.4X II Teleconverter
                    Canon 420EX Speedlite
                    Canon 430EX Speedlite
                    Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

Do you mean take a class? Are there any recommended books or websites you recommend I take a look at?

Comment

Do you mean take a class? Are there any recommended books or websites you recommend I take a look at?
                        There are lots of online resources for you.....try a google search using "Photography" or "Digital Photography" (I know you don't use digital but that search will give you more post processing tutorials).

Also, "Photoshop tips/tutorials" etc. or take a run to your local bookstore and invest in a photography textbook.

Learning the fundamentals is good, but trial and error and learning from experience/mistakes is where your going to get the most education.

Good Luck
                        Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
                        EF 50mm 1.4 USM
                        EF-S 18-55mm
                        EF 28-135mm IS USM
                        EF 70-200mm f4L
                        EF 100-400L IS
                        1.4X II Teleconverter
                        Canon 420EX Speedlite
                        Canon 430EX Speedlite
                        Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography