Beijing and Shanghai Spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beijing and Shanghai Spotting

just wondering who among us has been to Beijing recently, i am heading up there in october for a week in Beijing and the same in Shanghai, is there any issues? how easy is it to get to the spotting locations? Beijing and Shanghai, are they expensive cities or relatively cheap?

the traffic looks sensational in China to say the least, so any advice would be apperaciated!

thanks

mont
    Last edited by Longreach747; 2005-06-08, 06:53.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Might wanna change the color, its hard to read.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

just wondering who among us has been to Beijing recently, i am heading up there in october for a week in Beijing and the same in Shanghai, is there any issues? how easy is it to get to the spotting locations? Beijing and Shanghai, are they expensive cities or relatively cheap?

the traffic looks sensational in China to say the least, so any advice would be apperaciated!

thanks

mont

next trips
      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Am also heading there in early October so would be of interest to me also

Comment

Paul,
          what dates are you in china?

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

the info i have so far is that the 36L spot is now closed, seems to be plenty of other choices though so i am satisfied that it is worth while, i will post more info as i get it here for you Paul.

next trips
            USA/DXB August.

Comment

Yes the spot adjacent to 36L is closed They are up to add a taxiway to the cargo terminal which litterally grew piece by piece !!!
              Well some solutions exist
              - action shots from the viinity of both runways when easterly winds prevail (18/36) or
              - ground and taxi shots by the middle of 18R/36L, getting there however requires
              a / a good bike, preferably of the All-Terrains variety
              b / good self balance
              c / ready to pedal on long distances
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

longreach,

the group flies out on 1st October to Beijing for 3 days then to other cities inc Shanghai, Harbin, Xian + a couple more I cannot remember without looking the itinerary up.

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
                  longreach,

the group flies out on 1st October to Beijing for 3 days then to other cities inc Shanghai, Harbin, Xian + a couple more I cannot remember without looking the itinerary up.
                  Haha, so you and your travelmates will be driven to the treshold, as your travel organizer will have secured an access to the ramp.

Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

i won't be around, be there late october.

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

uy707 - we can but hope

Comment

Try not to miss the Aviation Museum about 15 miles north of Beijing, get the hotel to write it down on a card to give to the cab driver, worth the trip.
                        Last edited by Dragonman; 2005-06-16, 22:02. Reason: bad spelling
                        Kevin Murphy

Comment

Working...
                        X