Nikon D70?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon D70?

Who here has the Nikon D70? What is your experiences with it? Good or Bad?
    I went to Wolf Camera today and got to try it out, I was very impressed.
    I also tried out the Canon Rebel XT but I felt the D70 was much more...solid if you will.
    Just wanted to know your comments...etc
    Bobby DeBarge
    www.debargephoto.com
    http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
    1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

I have a D70. Only had it for about a month. My 35mm was a Minolta Maxum 7, my Digital PnS was a Fuji S5000.

The Nikon is very simple to use, nice weight.

No real complaints here but I'm still very new using it. Ritz Photo is giving an extra $100 instant rebate of Nikon's because they are getting a kick back.

Comment

I have the D70..great camera...have only good things to say about it. If you buy it..you wont be disappointed
      Nikon D70
      AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
      AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
      AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D-ED
      AF Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D-ED VR
      My istock portfolio

Comment

I have a D70 as well and am very happy with it. I am still new to DSLR photography so I haven't used most of the features yet, but it's a fun camera to use.
        [photoid=457592]
        [photoid=455647]
        [photoid=455168]
        YBBN - James

Comment

Ya picked the right camera...I own an older version of it, the Nikon D100. Really solid DSLR. If you want to check out reviews, go to www.nikon.com. i'm thinking on buying a Nikon D70s to replace my D100 sometimes soon.

Comment

That would be no real upgrade. Just be patient and wait for the D100 replacement expected for the end of the year.
            My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
            My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
            ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

I have a D.70 and it's great. Worth every penny (dollar) I paid. Bought it in Ritz in Chicago last year and haven't looked back.

Not sure wether the D.70s is any sort of upgrade. I would do as seahawk suggests and wait for the D.100 replacement.

Andy

Comment

I have a Nikon D70 and very pleased with it.

Originally posted by bobby
                I also tried out the Canon Rebel XT but I felt the D70 was much more...solid if you will.
                I agree on that. However, the Rebel Xt is also a very fine camera. Choosing what camera you want is more to your personal preferences, the money you want to spend on it, what you are planning to to with it etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer
                  I have a Nikon D70 and very pleased with it.
                  Ah, good words And especially with the Nikkor 70-300 ED lens!
                  It's a good cam, it has small drawbacks (like any cam IMO, dustspots!) but the overall performance is good. And you have to learn how to use the cam, that is a part in wich some people have a little bit trouble.

Erwin.....
                  “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS
                    Ah, good words And especially with the Nikkor 70-300 ED lens!
                    It is a nice lense isn't it glad you like it

it has small drawbacks (like any cam IMO, dustspots!)
                    Indeed if you change lensen often. I hardly do, the 70-300 seems to provide a satisfactory range. But Erwin the best solution: by an extra body

Comment

Indeed if you change lensen often. I hardly do, the 70-300 seems to provide a satisfactory range. But Erwin the best solution: by an extra body
                      I'm saving for that ... Maybe a D50 for the smaller lenses!
                      But the D2x is also a camera that is high on my wish list.

Erwin (dreaming on ...)

Erwin

Comment

I'm saving for that ... Maybe a D50 for the smaller lenses!
                        no need to dream on. If you re-sell those cool new wheels you bought for your car lately, you have one:
                        http://www.pixmania.be/be/nl/107442/...d50-zwart.html

Cheers, Pamela (teasing on..)

Comment

heh well the rebel XT and the D70 I can get for the same price. the D70 sells for $1099.with a $100 rebate. The rebel XT is $999. so it would be the same. I guuess I just have to do some more research. I don't want to get one (im leaning toward the d70) then regret it later.
                          Bobby DeBarge
                          www.debargephoto.com
                          http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
                          1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

no need to dream on. If you re-sell those cool new wheels you bought for your car lately, you have one:
                            http://www.pixmania.be/be/nl/107442/...d50-zwart.html

Cheers, Pamela (teasing on..)
                            Don't mess with my wheels I think I have to sell my whole car to get near the price of a D2x haha!

Erwin

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
                              heh well the rebel XT and the D70 I can get for the same price. the D70 sells for $1099.with a $100 rebate. The rebel XT is $999. so it would be the same. I guuess I just have to do some more research. I don't want to get one (im leaning toward the d70) then regret it later.
                              Yes you want to be sure, but both models are fine. Dpreview is a nice site, you can even compare both models: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos350d/page21.asp)
                              I don't think you will be dissapointed bying one of both

Erwin: I thought you were already thinking about another car

Comment

Working...
                              X