Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikon D70?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by pdeboer
    Erwin: I thought you were already thinking about another car
    That's what I said: Dreaming on.......
    If I win the jackpot it will be the first thing to do!; An new car and cam haha.

    Erwin
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

    Erwin

    Comment


    • #17
      D70 is indeed a nice camera. I got to try one out at a store before. Who knows...maybe when my D30 dies, I may switch over to Nikon

      You can get a D70 or Rebel XT body for around $800 at B&H Photo. On a side note, the D100 body now goes for around $1000. In fact the D70 can be had for even cheaper at buydig ($737).
      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
      No Frontiers

      Comment


      • #18
        over on the fencecheck forums there are a few posts of Rebel users who had problems from taking to many shots. It seems like after a 1000 shots they were having problems with the shutter release.

        Granted, that's a lot of shots, but these guys were almost doing that in less than a year!

        Ritz also has it for $749 body only, pick up the Sigma lens pack
        Sigma - Two Lens Zoom Kit with 28-80 & 70-300 plus Gadget Bag for Nikon AF
        $229.95

        this way any filters you pick up work on both lens

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Top_Gun
          over on the fencecheck forums there are a few posts of Rebel users who had problems from taking to many shots. It seems like after a 1000 shots they were having problems with the shutter release.

          Granted, that's a lot of shots, but these guys were almost doing that in less than a year!
          It's not that many, I did 1009 last sunday at some gardens.

          Comment


          • #20
            I have had the D70 since the beginning of April and have been very pleased with it! I highly recommend it.

            [photoid=453885]
            [photoid=462535]
            [photoid=487942]
            [photoid=484418]
            Last edited by Stephen Toernblom; 2005-06-16, 07:17.

            Comment


            • #21
              I have had my D70 for 13 months and have shot over 9,000 pics with it. I absolutely love it. You can check out my pics here if you like:

              http://wheelsup.smugmug.com
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

              Comment


              • #22
                My Nikon 70-300 lens is absolutely crap!!!! I think I must have dropped it or something. Every shot I make with it comes out out-of focus. It looks ok, feels ok and I "beep" when it focuses, but the results are horrendous.

                Andy

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by exmanx
                  My Nikon 70-300 lens is absolutely crap!!!! I think I must have dropped it or something. Every shot I make with it comes out out-of focus. It looks ok, feels ok and I "beep" when it focuses, but the results are horrendous.

                  Andy
                  Did you use the area AF by any chance? When I used this modus most of my pictures were focussed on some small bushes or clumps of grass in the foreground, because the lower Af field locked on the closest subject.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    And what about settings guys. I´ve got also D70 I thinh it´s good. Please tell me what settings do you use on sunny days, and afternoons with poor lighting. What´s your experience???



                    Best regards Marcin


                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I own the D70s and it's a great camera. I also own the D100. I was debating between the D70s and D200 when I made the decision to go with the D70s over the D200 (at least for the time-being). The biggest reason I went with the D70s over the D200 was it's faster flash sync of 1/500 over D200's 1/250. This isn't important for the photography we do here obviously but is when I'm doing outdoor portraits/weddings.

                      I'll eventually get the D200 as well, but you will definitely be very happy with your D70/D70s.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Marcin Domanski
                        And what about settings guys. I´ve got also D70 I thinh it´s good. Please tell me what settings do you use on sunny days, and afternoons with poor lighting. What´s your experience???
                        I usually do a few sample shots at first. If I need it brighter or darker I adjust the exposure compensation accordingly. For aviation photos be sure the shutter speed is at least 1/500. In sunny conditions, a smaller aperture like f/16 is good to use. But with poor lighting you want a wide aperture like f/4 to allow more light into the photo. Try to keep the ISO at 200 because the higher you go will result in less quality.
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X