Memory Card help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Card help.

Howdy everyone I'm getting my first DSLR (or any digital camera for that matter) and i'm still confused about memory cards. I'm getting the Minolta maxxum 7D. Which memory card (size and type) would get me the greatest number of pictures at excellent quality?? I'm probably going to end up getting a 1 GB SDmemory card as a "starter" but i'd love suggestions and info from you guys I have an 8MB card that came with my DVvideo cam but 8 MB is 6 pictures at the most...it blows in other words

It uses CF Type1 or 2...
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091504km7d.asp has more specs....Get a fast card, I have a range of speeds, and the slowest ones I have are a little painful to wait for. 10+ seconds to save when TIFF is selected.

8mb .. heh

Mine came with a 16MB SD card, which isn't big enough for 1 image at the highest setting.

Comment

CF cards are pretty much the standard for DSLR's. I have 3 Lexar 1 gig cards. They hold about 156 RAW images each.

I'm probably going to end up getting a 1 GB SDmemory card as a "starter" but i'd love suggestions and info from you guys
      I don't think thats a good idea, as the camera uses CF

Which memory card (size and type) would get me the greatest number of pictures at excellent quality??
      If you want the greatest number of pictures at "excellent" quality your gonna want one of these: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...b6c5d7bd6e6e98
      I think thats just about tops for capacity

Comment

Right now I have the Sandisk Ultra II 512 CF, plus a generic Sandisk 256 and a PNY 256. Guess which one gets the most use

Comment

You will need a CF-Card, as the camera does not use SDcards.

I have :

1 excellent Lexar Professional 80x 512MB
          2 ok SanDisk Ultra II 256MB
          1 Twinmos 512MB (38x)
          3 standard Sandisc 256MB
          2 no name 256MB for reserve

And yes I like to use smaller cards, as a card failure will not kill the whole trip.

Comment

I have 2 ridata 2GB cards, 1 ridata 512mb & 1 ridata 128mb card - very fast and good value. A portable storage device such as an image tank can also be very handy

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
              You will need a CF-Card, as the camera does not use SDcards.

Hi,

The 7D can use SD cards, but you need to buy the adapter to use them.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Working...
              X