NPR Story about Harrassed Photographers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPR Story about Harrassed Photographers

Heard this on the radio and thought you photographers would enjoy hearing some media publicity about our suffering.. Its another victory for the photographers

Photographers across the country have complained of getting harassed by law enforcement officials citing security concerns since the September 11 terrorist attacks.

-Adam

God if this lady didn't talk so monotone...

i wish they'd have done more with Aviation photography, that would have been kinda nice. Actually they are looking for stories for stuff like this all the time... perhaps an e-mail is in order?
    Last edited by E-Diddy!; 2005-06-17, 02:39. Reason: more details

Comment

I expect police to ask questions.....hey, its a different world since 9/11 and precautions need to be taken.

But I put it this way.......sparking fear into everyone about something as simple as photography is the kind of thing that terrorist attacks are designed to do. Turning plane spotters into something to fear is just one more win for those who seek to bring down the freedoms we have always enjoyed.

Interesting listen.....thanks for posting.
      Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
      EF 50mm 1.4 USM
      EF-S 18-55mm
      EF 28-135mm IS USM
      EF 70-200mm f4L
      EF 100-400L IS
      1.4X II Teleconverter
      Canon 420EX Speedlite
      Canon 430EX Speedlite
      Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

C'mon guys, its nessesary!

Its post 9/11. The world has changed. Can you imagine if al-qui-duhhhh could tell an ERJ from an A330!? Scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by seventwo
          Can you imagine if al-qui-duhhhh could tell an ERJ from an A330!? Scary stuff.
          It doesn't take a half hour of research or a spotters photograph to figure it out.

Comment

C'mon guys, its nessesary!

Its post 9/11. The world has changed. Can you imagine if al-qui-duhhhh could tell an ERJ from an A330!? Scary stuff.
            I agree precautions are necessary, sure. No one wants to see something like 9/11 or even close to it ever happen again. But as I said...its terrorism....terror=fear......fearing every person with a camera who is taking pics anywhere near anything interesting is just the kind of thing terror attacks are designed to promote. We're off fighting on foreign soil to help increase freedoms, while our liberties are being scaled back. I am sure if Osama Bin-idiot sees these kinds of news stories he just sits back and smiles because its just another small victory for him.
            Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
            EF 50mm 1.4 USM
            EF-S 18-55mm
            EF 28-135mm IS USM
            EF 70-200mm f4L
            EF 100-400L IS
            1.4X II Teleconverter
            Canon 420EX Speedlite
            Canon 430EX Speedlite

Comment

Y'all arn't taking my post seriously now are you?

Comment

Y'all arn't taking my post seriously now are you?
                I take part of it seriously....things do need to be different, but not so different that we have let terrorism uproot common freedoms such as photography.

Those poor tourists that wanna take a pic of their family in front of the Whitehouse, will never know what hit them when the secret service tackles them to the ground....lol.
                Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
                EF 50mm 1.4 USM
                EF-S 18-55mm
                EF 28-135mm IS USM
                EF 70-200mm f4L
                EF 100-400L IS
                1.4X II Teleconverter
                Canon 420EX Speedlite
                Canon 430EX Speedlite

Comment