Green Light!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Light!!

My wife has finally given me the green light at the Canon 20D or better, the only catch, I have to work overtime and save to get it.

I am excited and trying to decide exactly what I want to get. I know I will at least save enough for the 20D and it should take a month or so.
    SET LOVE FREE!!

Originally posted by swaphx99
    My wife has finally given me the green light at the Canon 20D or better, the only catch, I have to work overtime and save to get it.
    I think I can help out here on what to get......

How about a new pair of pants for her, and a nice skirt for you. We now know who wears the pants at your house. Oh, and don't break a nail ordering that stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN

How about a new pair of pants for her, and a nice skirt for you. We now know who wears the pants at your house. Oh, and don't break a nail ordering that stuff....
      LOL

But seriously now, the 20D is a SWEET camera. Any idea what lens you want to put on it? For budget it'd recommend the 75-300 III USM. Otherwise go all out on a 100-400L.

Comment

20D is a great camera.......

If you want to go all out...get the 100-400 for plane spotting. (Or the 70-200 2.8 with or without IS)

Like Crism said...on a budget, 75-300. I have seen good results from that lens, as long as the light is good.

Good Luck...have fun!
        Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
        EF 50mm 1.4 USM
        EF-S 18-55mm
        EF 28-135mm IS USM
        EF 70-200mm f4L
        EF 100-400L IS
        1.4X II Teleconverter
        Canon 420EX Speedlite
        Canon 430EX Speedlite
        Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

Your a funny guy you know that. Jerk j/k

Anyway, I am excited about it and will let everyone know when I get it.
          SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Don't forget to ask the wife first..... I must have really touched a nerve with the "Who wears the pants.." part huh? Just out of curiosity, did you really have to wait until she said O.K.?

Comment

Hey Kevin at least we have wives! Closest thing most guys here have is the internet or magazines. Cheers.
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Cool, I just gave myself Green light to purchase a 100-400 IS lens.
                greetings,
                Philip

Comment

I just gave myself the green light to buy a 24 pack of Corona

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                    Hey Kevin at least we have wives! Closest thing most guys here have is the internet or magazines. Cheers.
                    Yea, I've been married since 1982. You were probably trolling the driveway on your 3 wheeler...

.....and I don't have to ask if I want to buy a toy....Like most "guys" (read Pus$y Whipped) on here do....

Does your wife let you buy a magazine without asking?

Comment

lol Jeff im sure your wife has the patience of a saint...

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                        hey, quit talkin bout me!

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                          lol Jeff im sure your wife has the patience of a saint...
                          LOL.... that she does....that she does! She is Italian, so I'm not sure where it comes from though. Just lucky I guess.

Comment

Yea, I've been married since 1982. You were probably trolling the driveway on your 3 wheeler...

.....and I don't have to ask if I want to buy a toy....Like most "guys" (read Pus$y Whipped) on here do....

Does your wife let you buy a magazine without asking?
                            Did I say you weren't married? I believe my comment was addressed to swaphx99. And props to your wife for putting up with you for this long.
                            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                              hey, quit talkin bout me!
                              lol.
                              Bet you have quite a collection on you're computer

Comment

Working...
                              X