Wanting a DSLR, get on Ebay QUICK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting a DSLR, get on Ebay QUICK!

2 hours left and 310 USD. This is body only, you'll have to buy a battery and CF separately as well as lenses but for a starter kit you'll only stand to spend about 1K which isn't bad at all.

Just a heads-up.

already saw that.... spend about 300 more and I can get a 2nd hand 300D with a 18-55mm lens on ebay (18-55mm is sufficient for my cabin shots ill be taking during my asia trip).... I also saw a 300D body only for 450... I need to save up that much before Aug12.
    Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
      already saw that.... spend about 300 more and I can get a 2nd hand 300D with a 18-55mm lens on ebay (18-55mm is sufficient for my cabin shots ill be taking during my asia trip).... I also saw a 300D body only for 450... I need to save up that much before Aug12.

Why would you want to spend 300 MORE for a 300D? lol

Comment

Spend that extra $300 and buy a D60.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
          Spend that extra $300 and buy a D60.

Seriously...

Comment

fly, you do know that the brand new 300D kit goes for about $700? I'd go with the D60 (or 10D if you are lucky to find one) as well if I were buying used and spending $600. Btw, why limit yourself only cabin shots? If you get a 75-300mm III, which is fairly cheap, you open up your picture-taking opportunities not only on that Asian trip, but at home as well.
            Click Here for my aviation photographs.
            No Frontiers

Comment

Is the D60 really better then the300D??? I really didnt know that. Also B777 I do plan on taking regular shots, and therefore will buy a better lens once I come back from my trip. But for my trip (since i wont be doing any spotting) I assume that an 18-55mm lens is all I need for cabin shots/wing views/maybe even a cockpit shot. I really cant decide. Its between the 300D,D60, D10, and maybe D30, whichever one I find the best deal on. I just seem to prefer the 300D because of its looks lol!
              Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

The 300D is mostly a point and shoot with full manual and lens changing capability, which is the exact market it was designed for. It's a very good DSLR for beginners, but once you see that "Busy" thing after 4 shots of an approaching aircraft, and once you get it every time, it gets a bit annoying. that being said, I still have no plans to upgrade, it's still a nice camera.

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
                  Also B777 I do plan on taking regular shots, and therefore will buy a better lens once I come back from my trip. But for my trip (since i wont be doing any spotting) I assume that an 18-55mm lens is all I need for cabin shots/wing views/maybe even a cockpit shot. I really cant decide. Its between the 300D,D60, D10, and maybe D30, whichever one I find the best deal on. I just seem to prefer the 300D because of its looks lol!
                  Well, you sound like you have a pretty limited budget. Here is my suggestion: Go with used D30/60 and a 75-300mm. Why? The D30/60 are very sturdy cameras with enough functions for long term use if they are lightly or moderately used. As for the lens, I think you are being shortsighted getting the 18-55mm lens JUST for your trip. Now if you get the 75-300mm, you can shoot the cabin shots, etc, etc on the trip but also use it for spotting at JFK and LGA. Catch my drift?

Btw, you like the 300D just for the looks? lol, I don't think that's the best way to choose a camera
                  Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                  No Frontiers

Comment

Working...
                  X