Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not an airliner? Can't possibly be 'hot' then...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not an airliner? Can't possibly be 'hot' then...

Well it seems Gerardo is the one responsible for thinking that a newly painted Catalina isn't worthy of being added to this db, and claimed he emailed me to say why before closing the last thread.

Well, I received no such email from him (yet manage to get plenty of spam directed to the two addresses I made up purely for use here) and by closing the thread he gave me no option but to respond via this new one.

This is the only communication I got:
    Your appeal for photo id 613554 has been processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >>
    >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=613554
    If I am to be accused of 'abusing' the hot photo system by the site's owner then frankly this site is turning out to be just like a.net (a very sad day when Chris is acting with the same lack of subtlety and sheer bloody-mindedness of Johan). Perhaps you should add a note under your hot photo option stating please note this option is only for use on airliners as we who run the site aren't interested in anything else.

Toodle pip
    --
    Photo prints available from www.handmadebymachine.com

May i suggest instead of opening new threads to go on about a topic that has been discussed thoroughly that you try emailing the person concerned or any member of the admin team to discuss a problem that you might have.

Comment

My two cents to this rejection is that this livery is not actually new. It's an old livery that nas been re-introduced. The fact that it is new on THAT particular airframe does not count. If that where to count then the newsticker would be overflowing with new KL/NW/UA/.. liveries
      Last edited by Petertenthije; 2005-06-25, 12:14. Reason: spelling
      Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Ban the dumbass, there's no need for this kind of crap. It'd be screened in a day or two even without the hot photo button.
        My photos on jp.net

Comment

Originally posted by PortColumbus
          Ban the dumbass, there's no need for this kind of crap. It'd be screened in a day or two even without the hot photo button.
          With photos like that? PLEASE don't ban him!
          Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Damien -- Don't even think about comparing this website to A.net, it gets the screeners and mods more than a little riled up

The issue is to be left alone and not even prodded at with a 10 ft. barge pole.

Regardless, hot or not, superb pic, and I raise my glass to you!

Comment

No one is getting banned. We value every body's photos and do our up most to keep everyone happy by providing a quality, and friendly service. Sadly it is not always possible to achieve everything you set out to. As said previously feel free to contact any of the crew or admin team who will be happy to discuss a problem you might have.

Comment

You are certainly going about this the wrong way. We have shown you the reasoning behind it, but you continue to complain and scream murder. I know for a fact that atleast two messages have been sent to you, as they are directed through all of the screeners on the way to you.

Comment

Damien, read my message I wrote you again. But just in case you don't, here again a summary
                  • I rejected the appeal without a message. As stated in your other topic, if you had written in a more normal way (not "I can't understand, why you rejected this pic ...."), then I'd have give an answer.
                  • You mailed to all screeners (24.06.2005 - 22:15):
                    "Perhaps one of you could have the common courtesy to explain why?"
                  • I answered (24.06.2005 22:19):
                    "The "hot photo" is for photos with a potential wide interest, as for example new airline liveries, or a new aircraft type for an airline. New private aircraft or private aircraft with a new livery are not considered as "hot photo".

Thanks for your understanding"
                  • You start the other topic, which really annoyed me, but I guess, you recognized this already.
                  • Then you send me a PM (25.06.2005 - 12:47), saying, that I didn't answer your mail and closing with "Nice one to close the thread before I could respond."
                  Facts: I answered your mail, I didn't close your topic, I didn't even ask for it and the topic is still open as far as I can see (25.06.2005 - 20:25).

What the hell do you want me to do? To reconsider my decision, to reject your appeal? Think again ....

As for your the Catalina: nice shot, but not "hot photo" reason. I hope, this is not the end of the world, if a pic is not considered as "hot photo" by someone, you don't even know....

Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I'm gonna throw my two cents in here. The photograph is awesome; but there is nothing special about the plane and I don't see why it would be a hot photo.

No one can tell that that scheme is any different than any other military scheme it may have seen.

You're very proud of your photograph and you should be, but to try and get the attention this way isn't a good idea. It all seems like you wanted to increase your hits on this photograph as it's probably the best you've taken; but when it was denied you're throwing a fit. Drop it! Life isn't fair.
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

while the picture of the catalina is a great shot, it is not worthy of being a hot pic. if you think that this site is becoming more like the other crowd, try uploading there into their hot pic

there are always vintage and war bird websites that you can upload to.

get over it. its not a hot pic.
                      My photos on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                        Damien, read my message I wrote you again. But just in case you don't, here again a summary
                        • I rejected the appeal without a message. As stated in your other topic, if you had written in a more normal way (not "I can't understand, why you rejected this pic ...."), then I'd have give an answer.
                        • You mailed to all screeners (24.06.2005 - 22:15):
                        • I answered (24.06.2005 22:19):
                        • You start the other topic, which really annoyed me, but I guess, you recognized this already.
                        • Then you send me a PM (25.06.2005 - 12:47), saying, that I didn't answer your mail and closing with "Nice one to close the thread before I could respond."
                        Facts: I answered your mail, I didn't close your topic, I didn't even ask for it and the topic is still open as far as I can see (25.06.2005 - 20:25).

What the hell do you want me to do? To reconsider my decision, to reject your appeal? Think again ....

As for your the Catalina: nice shot, but not "hot photo" reason. I hope, this is not the end of the world, if a pic is not considered as "hot photo" by someone, you don't even know....

Gerardo
                        Exactly what part of Gerardo's lengthy, time consuming and detailed explanation do you not seem to understand?
                        Site policy is not going to change to appease one user.

The ironic thing is if you had just placed it in the queue it would have been accepted and on the database now.

The reasoning for the rejections has been made clear, many, many times.
                        If you can't accept it, there are as Johan says "other sites out there", however I would be interested in tracking the photo if you uploaded it elsewhere and emailed the screeners looking for priority screening........wonder if it would get priority added with a news ticker ?

Last point, quit with the multiple topics, its getting very irritating. If I was a mod I would delete this topic as it basically repeats the other one you started and adds nothing whatsoever to the discussion.

Please, move on let it go
                        Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                        Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

Damien
                          you've really annoyed me with this attitude, i explained why i REJECTED the photo and your still persisting with your argument! why have you not just re-uploaded the photo and waited 24-48hrs and it'd be in the database by now!

instead of starting threads like this, just get on with the process and upload, it's not the end of the world, it's clearly NOT hot and thats why i knocked it, problem with that? then build a bridge.

next trips
                          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Damien:

The reasoning behind the rejection has been explained to you twice now. We are sorry if you do not agree with this policy but it is the system that we have setup and its just the way things work. There is nothing wrong with the photo, I personally think it is a great shot and would most likely screener's choice it if I were screening (in the regular queue). Gerardo has went out of his way to smooth this situation over with you. You can compare sites all you want but I can promise you if you had this discussion on another site's forum, a senior screener would not go to the lengths that Gerardo has to help you understand the situation.

Just upload the shot to the regular queue, wait a couple of days and it will be published. There is no need to continue these posts on the forum in order to get your photo accepted. I'm sure I am not the only one tired of reading about this rejection.

http://www.starnesphoto.com/aviation
                            [LAX / IAD Update 2.27.07]

Comment

Amen to that Chris.

Life goes on - live it!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X