Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manx Festival of Aviation

Hi,

Just to let you all know, the Isle of Man is holding the Manx Festival of Aviation on August 6th/7th at Jurby airfield. The last couple have included the Schneider Trophy Air Races and usually there are plety of aircraft there. Access to get pictures is good and as I am hopefully going to be involved with the marshalling team, a trip around the flightline could be arranged.

Once I get further details I'll post them in here.

Andy

cool about the headsup, but even though its not one person bashing all other aircraft manufacturers that aren't their favorite or freaking out about a new sticker on the side of a plane, I do believe this would be better suited in the aviation forum as it is aviation related.

Comment

Yeah, your probably right, but I wasn't sure.

Perhaps some kind administrator would move it?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        cool about the headsup, but even though its not one person bashing all other aircraft manufacturers that aren't their favorite or freaking out about a new sticker on the side of a plane, I do believe this would be better suited in the aviation forum as it is aviation related.
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by exmanx
          Yeah, your probably right, but I wasn't sure.

Perhaps some kind administrator would move it?

Andy
          Some kind admin did

Just looking for flights now Andy, how far out of Douglas is the show ?

Jid.

Comment

Jid,

Jurby is at the North end of the Island, about 15 miles from Douglas. It's not the easiest place to get to, but I may be in a position to offer a lift up. Dunno if I will be working there yet (I've made my offer) but either way transport wouldnt be a problem.

Once they publish a bit more about it hopefully I'll have some info on transport etc. as well as what will be there. In the past we have had Harriers, Lynx, BoB Memorial flight etc plus a fair smattering of puddle jumpers. Not sure if the Red Arrows will be there this year though.

Anyway, if your intereted in coming across (anybody) I'd be pleased to help find accomodation and flights etc.

Andy

Comment

Thanks for the info Andy, I nearly booked flights on Sunday without consulting the missus. I forgot her number one son is getting married on the 6th so that has scuppered my plans for that weekend

Still maybe next year and I look forward to seeing the shots from this years event.

Jid.

Comment

More information on the Festival for anyone who may be interested can be found at: www.mfa.org.im

I hope to be working at the show on both days, waving my arms around at aircraft. If anyone should think of coming across (the Island is worth a visit without the show as well!!) just let me know. If nothing else I will probably be able to get you access to the flight line for some decent pics - thats if you like puddle jumpers of course!!!!!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X