Horizon unlevel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon unlevel?

Can anyone explain me why this is unlevel?
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

If you've ever been to Frankfurt, and know the angle the photo is taken from you know it may look like if it's unlevel. If you take the lampposts as a reference the pic is level.

I always find grounds shots with lots of detail very difficult to level out. It looks like the 747 is going downhill to me but I can't be sure.
    http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

Lampposts and things look vertical to me, and as the aircraft is moving away from you it naturally looks as if it is going downhill. But I will say it looks a little dark to me.

Good luck

Andy

Comment

Look level to me, have you tried appealing ?

Comment

To me it looks like its leaning to the left fraction, a tiny tiny tiny clockwise rotation could fix it.
          Sam Rudge
          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Joop,

have had several rejected for bad horizon from FRA recently (was there 16/17/ & 1 and did appeal a couple which got accepted. Unfortunately with all the buildings / poles etc it is easy to get an optical illusion effect especially when taking a large aircraft with a wide angle lens. The windown frames / poles in yours do look vertical so perhaps point this out in the appeal message. Using a grid when doing any processing may help (or not in my case)

Comment

Joop
              Take a close look at the verticals on the buildings.
              It look from here like it need about 0.4 or so cw applied.
              The easiest way to do this is zoom right in in the original.
              Put the PS grid up and rotate prior to resizing the image.That way you have some good clear guides which become to small after resizing.
              Darren

Comment

This isn't relevant to this shot in particular, but levelling photos in general. With wide angle shots, verticals towards the outer edges of the image willl lean inwards. Thus it is important to try and use vertical references that are in the centre of the image. I have screened several wide-angle shots recently where a vertical on the outer edge of the photo was used and it made the shots very unlevel.

Comment

Working...
                X