Upload Your EXIF! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Your EXIF! :)

I don't see why people don't upload their EXIF data. All it does is tell the shudder speed, f-stop and a bunch of other stuff. Personally, if I see a really nice shot, I would want to see what the focal length was in order to get the best views and improve my screenshots. So my question posed to you is, why don't people just upload the EXIF?

Some software (example: Neat Image, Photoshop LE) simply delete the EXIF infos. And some photographers don't want to show others their "tips and tricks".

And BTW, isn't that "shutter speed" and not "shudder"?

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Some people take this hobby way too seriously (refusing to share spotting locations, camera settings, etc.).

Me? I dunno.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Gerardo, for me it's the shutter speed that stops the 'shudder'

Comment

Once I modify an image in photoshop and save it the EXIF data has gone.
          http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

Exif

As far as I know Photoshop Elements 2 still retains the EXIF.

I like to keep it there so others can see what settings I used.

My Stuff on The Web

http://www.ryanhothersall.net/

Comment

I'm yet to make the database - but I always submit my Exif data.

Comment

Yeah, Photoshop has the nasty habit of deleting EXIF-data if you crop the photo. I think it's still there if the image is uncropped, though.

The Tupolev Tu-114.
                World speed record holder for turboprop aircraft.

Comment

I use Elements...it keeps the exif...so you can usually tell if I've used NeatImage cause there wont be Exif data. But yeah...by default mine always have it...nothin to hide

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                    Some software (example: Neat Image, Photoshop LE) simply delete the EXIF infos.
                    Gerardo
                    Do you mean Photoshop is not a good software at all? I mean sometimes I have to crop the image, then the EXIF is gone... is there anyway to copy this EXIF on Photoshop or I should use another software?

Carlos F.

Comment

Yeah in Paint Shop Pro, if I sharpen the image or crop it, the EXIF data is deleted.
                      My JP.net pics...

Loving the 350D

Comment

Elements 3 deletes EFIX when you crop or sharpen an image, it's a pain, I'd like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by ec-
                          Do you mean Photoshop is not a good software at all? I mean sometimes I have to crop the image, then the EXIF is gone... is there anyway to copy this EXIF on Photoshop or I should use another software?

Carlos F.
                          i use photoshop cs all the time..only program i ever use...and my exif data is always retained..if it is getting deleted it must be a setting in the program that you can change. As to what or where it would be I'm not sure because i have never had that problem.
                          Nikon D70
                          AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
                          AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
                          AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D-ED
                          AF Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D-ED VR
                          My istock portfolio

Comment

I use PS CS2. It alters the EXIF infos. It's not, that it deletes everything, but it changes them quite considerably. But that doesn't matter me much. I also have breezebrowser, with wich you can copy EXIF-infos from one file to another. I do this as batch before uploading the files
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

EXIF info

Hello !

Thanks to the jetphotos.net crew is possible to view GPS EXIF info, if this exists in your picture, as sometimes I add if I connect it to my camera.

However, I think that is not always useful: i.e: bright sun, some place as always, using the some lens as always, etc. But I think that the EXIF is very useful when you are trying new shots, or you are doing different things, and want to share this info with your mates.

Best regards,

Heavycloud

Carlos F.: call you T.I. staff to assist you!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X