No announcement yet.

Upload Your EXIF! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither PS or NeatImage 'delete' EXIF data. The exif data is kept in the jpeg header which is not changed while processing your image. You can certainly change the data with PS of course. One thing you will notice is that if you have shot in RAW then there will be no exif data with that shot, it has to be manually added later.

Comment

Uhmmmm, my RAW files have EXIF infos. At least, If I open a RAW pic with Breezwbrowser or Thumbsplus, I see EXIF infos. The Photoshop RAW converter also shows me some EXIF infos. Do I misunderstand anything, or am I getting old?

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Me thinks your getting old Gerardo
        I guess it depends on what you are using to process your raw file with first. Certainly the plugin I use with PS does not transfer any exif data over to PS. I shall try a few other to see what they do.

Jid

Comment

Hmmm, why do I see EXIF infos in Breezebrowser then, when I click on a RAW-file?

I usually open the RAW file with the PS RAW converter (mostly directly out of Breezebrowser) edit the pic, save as JPG and that's it. When I compare the JPG with the original RAW file, I see some differences.

Gerardo

Comment

Just when I thought I was beginning to get to grips with this digital lark, you go and start a thread like this!

I thought the EXIF data stayed with the picture whatever you did, as it is the data saved when the shutter is pressed. I am sure my PSE 3 retains it even after processing. Not that I would know how to check mind!

Andy

Comment

I always crop and sharpen and ... my image (in PS 7.0) and never my EXIF data had been lost...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                Some people take this hobby way too seriously (refusing to share spotting locations, camera settings, etc.).

Me? I dunno.

i absolutely agree with you there. some people guard their locations like its got their soul burried there.

its not really a hobby unless you can share your passion with others while doing it! IMHO
                My photos on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by kniesel
                  its not really a hobby unless you can share your passion with others while doing it! IMHO
                  Well said!!!!

Gerardo

Comment

Originally posted by F3Hadlow
                    Once I modify an image in photoshop and save it the EXIF data has gone.
                    Same here!
                    Regards
                    Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
                      Same here!
                      Me three!

Chris
                      Chris Sharps
                      5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                      17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                      24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                      1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

I guess it depends on what you are using to process your raw file with first. Certainly the plugin I use with PS does not transfer any exif data over to PS. I shall try a few other to see what they do.

Jid
                        My plugin in PS CS (Nikon NEF Plugin LE.8bi) also does not transfer EXIF data over to PS. I first have to open it with Nikon Editor, than save it as jpg and then open it in PS. Not very efficient. Anyone another plugin which works better??

Though I do not normally use this option, I also noticed that if you have a photo with EXIF data and you "save it for web" the EXIF data is also lost.

And now we're on the subject of metadata for photos I also add IPTC data. For those of you who are interested you can check it out and download a plugin for PS from IPTC for XMP. It helps you to put extra data in like subject, copyright data etc.

Let me know what you think of it.

Brgds, Peter

See my latest photos on Jetphotos.net or Aircolours.com or Aviationphotos.org

Comment

Thats strange...what version of PS are you using? Photoshop CS2 AND NeatImage both save the EXIF...

Comment

AFAIK, the freeware version of Neatimage delete the EXIF infos. My version of PS CS2, as well as the older 7.0, both save EXIF infos, but they are different. Some fields are added, some are deleted, and some simply changed.

That's why I copy the EXIF infos with Breezebrowser from the CRW files back to the JPG files. I want the original infos, period. I don't work with IPTC infos..... so far

Gerardo

Comment

A quickie from Rez...

From my experience, if I process an image in Photoshop and then 'Save for Web' the Exif data gets stripped out. However if I elect to 'Save As' then the Exif data is retained.

...I thank you!

Rez

Comment

I DOnt select save for web and EXIF remains unchanged, the only thing is that on creation software instead of putting me the camera/camera firmware (with my old coolpix was E4300 v1.5) it puts Adobe Photoshop 7.0/CS/CS2
                                [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
                                X