300D or 350D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300D or 350D

Well I have decided against purchasing the Canon Powershot Pro1. As it really isnt all that much better than the camera I am using right now. So I was wondering, should I buy the 300D or the 350D?

I really like the 350D. But the only problem is its price. While it is technically within my budget, it would pretty much empty my bank account to purchase it. But i still really like it.

As for the 300D. I like how its price is much less than the 350D. But i guess the only thing im worried about is that it would kind of be out dated. And that i would be doing myself a disfavor(is that a word? lol) by not buying the 350D.

So which would you reccomend?
    My JP.net pics...

Loving the 350D

i use a 350D and love it.
    i would recomend it to anyone with the money to buy it.
    some people say its too small but im a fairly big guy with big sasauge fingers and i have no problems handling it. the 350 i belive has a bigger buffer than the 300 and a better ai servo..not to mention a couple of more megapixel's

<<<-- here i am with it!..lol

Comment

Originally posted by DJR
      Well I have decided against purchasing the Canon Powershot Pro1. As it really isnt all that much better than the camera I am using right now. So I was wondering, should I buy the 300D or the 350D?

I really like the 350D. But the only problem is its price. While it is technically within my budget, it would pretty much empty my bank account to purchase it. But i still really like it.

As for the 300D. I like how its price is much less than the 350D. But i guess the only thing im worried about is that it would kind of be out dated. And that i would be doing myself a disfavor(is that a word? lol) by not buying the 350D.

i would go with the 350d, if your gonna spend all that money put a little more so that your satifsied and arent kicking your slef after a month. Im sure you can pay per month, thats what im doin.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR
        So I was wondering, should I buy the 300D or the 350D?
        I guess you didn't find any similar threads when you did a search on this topic? It's been beat to death once or twice already....

Comment

I would go with a Nikon but that wasn't one of the choices given.
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Definately 350D...although I'd probably get a D70 if I had to choose
            Click Here for my aviation photographs.
            No Frontiers

Comment

350D for sure, it is an improved version of 300D.
              If you are thinking it is too expensive, the price in Hong Kong is much cheaper than the price in Australia, depends on where you are to buy it.

Hong Kong: $6000 HKD
              Sydney: $ not sure, should be around $1500 AUD, perhaps some of you may have some ideas.

Comment

Second hand D60/10D and good glass.

Comment

If I wasn't a Minolta-man I never would buy the 350D. I also am a big guy (nearly 2m) and I did hold this camera in my hands but it didn't feel right! Indeed I got the feeling that it might fall out of my hands every moment. It's so small! The 300D is much better regarding this issue but I wouldn't buy it, too, as it is quite restricted .

So, my hint for you: save some more money and get a "real" camera like a 10D/20D. If I understand correctly you until now don't have any lenses, have you? Then you should look at the other brands also.

The D70 seems to be fairly good and Nikon just brought out a D50 of which I also don't know if I would buy it . Sigma has the SD-10 which has the Foveon-sensor. Although the pictures are only as big as they would be with a 3MP-camera, the colour rendition and resolution beat any of the competitors even twice the MP size hands down. I did have one for a few days and I know what I'm talking about . There is a successor supposed to come out, though.
                  And the SD-10 is selling really cheap, at least here in Germany. But it might be not as fast as you want it to be, furthermore it's a bit clumsy .

Minolta doesn't have something in your price range. However, if you save some money and geht the Dynax/Maxxum 7D you definitely won't regret it. It feels much better in my hands than anything from any other competitor and you can adjust nearly everything without going into the menu. It suits me perfectly! You might have to send it in, though, as it has some issues with Backfocus.

Hope to have helped you!

The Tupolev Tu-114.
                  World speed record holder for turboprop aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                    yep, make sure to invest in some good lens also otherwise you will be dissapointed by the results.
                    greetings,
                    Philip

Comment

The 350D is too darn small. It looks/feels like one of those SLR-like P&S cameras. Although the performance doesn't seem like it would be too bad. I would agree that a 10D or 20D would be better. I'll be getting a 20D soon, as the AF on my 300D just borked

Comment

Go with the 350D. Just about everyone has already made a good case as to why.

As for it being "small", I haven't found it to be a problem. You can always get a battery grip to go with it if you would to "enlarge" the camera a bit. I wouldn't go with the 20D as a lot of people have said it comes with a nice amount of factory installed sensor dust. My 350D came dust free.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300
                          I wouldn't go with the 20D as a lot of people have said it comes with a nice amount of factory installed sensor dust. My 350D came dust free.
                          Thats not really a good reason to decide against the 20D. Dust can be cloned out or you could clean your sensor.

Comment

Between the 300 and 350.....definetly choose the 350D. I had the 300D and switched to the 20D after about 6 months. Alot of people seem to complain about the size of the 350D, but it really comes down to personal preference. As Sonny said, hes a pretty big guy, but still likes how the 350D holds. Try it for yourself......it might suit you.
                            Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
                            EF 50mm 1.4 USM
                            EF-S 18-55mm
                            EF 28-135mm IS USM
                            EF 70-200mm f4L
                            EF 100-400L IS
                            1.4X II Teleconverter
                            Canon 420EX Speedlite
                            Canon 430EX Speedlite
                            Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86

450$: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...528442706&rd=1

550$: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...528067004&rd=1

^^ Both excellent cameras.

550$: http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product....sku=CN70200F4L

+ a 100$ CF card and there you go...

Comment

Working...
                              X