Centered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centered?

After uploading this photo I got into a discussion with a friend of mine who thinks that it may get rejected for not being centered.

The idea of this picture is to show both the airplane and the control tower. I think that the photo is overall centered and my friend thinks that I should have centered the airplane and cut off the top of the tower. I know that the quality might be borderline but it is the best that I could get through the windows at DAL. I hope that the screeners see it my way
    Any thoughts?
    Scott.
    My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

For this particular picture, being not centred isn't the real matter, but the quality

Comment

I don't think that angle is too bad -- if the aircraft was fully centered, you wouldn't be seeing very much of the tower at all.

As stated by Kevin, my only concern would be (what I think is?) the JPEG compression

Comment

Yeah, .jpg compression seems to be a bit distracting, also the cropping does seem a bit awkward. I see the motive but when you look at just the plane, unless you have a fair sized monitor, you don't really see the tower and it just looks strange with a big space in front of the nose and the tail almost cropped out. Just my opinion. Neat shot though.

Comment

The crop works for me, though I'd have preferred it not to be so tight at the tail. You could lose a bit of space to the left of the tower by way of compensation.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts. The photo was accepted (thanks screeners).
            I will take some of the suggestions here and try and work on the photo a bit more. Maybe see if I can clear it up a bit and make the crop just a little better. It sure was tough to find a clean window to try at take pictures through.
            Thanks again.
            [photoid=505360]
            My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

Working...
            X