X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Advice On This Reject

Hey hey,

I may be completly in the wrong here, and this is no way in hell an attack against the screening process but one of the decisions for rejection is completly wrong!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=640717

Picture in question...

Reject Reason:
    Horizon Unlevel
    Blurry

I have put in bold Horizon Unlevel because this is the one I have a problem with, how do you expect me to make the horizon level when there is a/ no horizon in the picture, b/ the plane is climbing c/ the aircraft is making its turnout on the BPK6J (Brookmans Park 6 Julliet) departure out of Heathrow??? I possibly can understand blurry but in my eyes it isnt, well not bad enough to be said to be a reject!

Right, so can anyone else give their opinion on this shot, and please one screener tell me that this photo cannot be called horizon unlevel!

Thanks Dave
    Best regards,
    Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

so appeal the picture then and state what you just posted here.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Let's put it this way, with an angle of attack like that, I expected the location to be somewhere like Farnborough or Waddington

Dale

Comment

Any chance you can post the original up please, as you do have to admit that's quite a steep angle of climb for a mini-bus?

Comment

no probs at all...

Dave
          Best regards,
          Dave

Comment

Yeah without rotating it, mate

Comment

Dale, mateo

Nothing done to it, just resized so Photo Bucket will allow you to get into it.

Send me ya msn and I will send you the original.

Dave
              Best regards,
              Dave

Comment

Ok, well if you feel you need to appeal a BA Airbus shot then you are more than welcome to use the appeals function. One person's opinion can vary considerably from anothers so you can get a second opinion from the appeals team.
                However, hopefully you are aware that we are very busy at the moment with a large queue, so please consider this carefully.

Comment

Well even if the photo was not rotated in post processing, maybe the camera was in a rotated angle while taking the photo.

Basically it is very unlikely an A320 would be taking off that steeply. You have to admit that. Rotate the photo until it reflects a more realistic angle of attack.
                  Will F.
                  Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Reason I added photo to database (well tried) was that I was trying to show a different perspective to these very boring aircraft which I see everytime I go to Heathrow.

Its not my fault the Bigma shows close up images of steep climbouts while aircraft are banking out, I just thought people might be interested in this kind of image!

Dave
                    Best regards,
                    Dave

Comment

That has to be the most interesting climb out I have ever seen...

Comment

Originally posted by fallingeese
                        That has to be the most interesting climb out I have ever seen...
                        agreed, looks very very steep for an Airbus. mini one at that.

Alex
                        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Rotate it CW and then sell it to NASA as a shuttle replacement...
                          YBBN - James

Comment

G'day Dave
                            I was one of the screeners who rejected that shot.
                            Firstly and formost its blurry.It really doesn't matter what angle you view the shot from its blurry.
                            The horizon thing caused a huge stir at ANET some time ago where someone uploaded a shot taken with a bizarre perspective(one of the screeners i believe)and rightfully so.
                            There's no real reason why you couldnt have cropped/rotated the shot to make it look more lifelike rather than trying to make it look like an F15 doing a viking departure.
                            At the end of the day you can appeal but i'd say immediately it will be rejected again as its a blurry photo despite the perspective issue which can be taken either way.
                            A new cropp and some ccw rotation to make it look more realistic and it may have stood a chance.
                            Darren

Comment

Right, I did appeal it and indeed it was rejected.

I have spoke in length with a screener and we have come to the decision to agree to disagree, the rejection is now forgotten in my eyes, admittedly Im disappointed but this is my main upload site and one rejection isnt going to stop me, I have already added another 5 shots to the queue and hopefully these will get on.

In conclusion, all well ends well.

Anyway back to my cave now

Dave
                              Best regards,
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X