Canon 20D Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 20D Problems?

Anyone ever experience many problems with the 20D?
    I know dust is a big problem with it.
    My debate is between that and the 350D. My only reasoning being the price. 1500 bucks is a lot to a 16 year old.
    Bobby DeBarge
    www.debargephoto.com
    http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
    1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

No camera is going to be problem free....especially from dust. Its a fact of life in photography.......don't base you decision on the dust issue alone. Mine was problematic initially, but I blew out the sensor area with a blower bulb and have been fine ever since.

If you can afford it, the 20D is a great camera....but the XT is a great camera too....for its price, since you seem to be a little strapped for cash...understandably so at our age......the XT is a great way to go
    Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
    EF 50mm 1.4 USM
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 28-135mm IS USM
    EF 70-200mm f4L
    EF 100-400L IS
    1.4X II Teleconverter
    Canon 420EX Speedlite
    Canon 430EX Speedlite
    Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

Yeah I understand no camera is perfect. But, I just don't want to cut myself short by going cheaper. I can afford the 20D but I don't want to overkill it.

All I'll be using whichever I buy is for Aviation Photography, and the same everyday use that one would use with a P & S. I probably won't be going into pro photography. But I'd like to get a camera that gives me everything I need, but yet not stuff I don't need. Know what I mean?
      Bobby DeBarge
      www.debargephoto.com

Comment

How big are your hands? Big hands 20D, little hands 350D. Pretty much the same camera, except the 20D has a bigger buffer, faster frame rate and better build. The images taken by either are impossible to tell apart.

Comment

My hands could handle the size of the 20D and the extra weight. I'm not light-weight lol.
          Bobby DeBarge
          www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Hard to say....I went to the 20D for the buffer and frame rate during burst mode.....that was one of the biggest draws for me.....that and coming from the 300D, I wanted the true selectable AI servo.....but thats not an issue with the 350D, because it has that....
            Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
            EF 50mm 1.4 USM
            EF-S 18-55mm
            EF 28-135mm IS USM
            EF 70-200mm f4L
            EF 100-400L IS
            1.4X II Teleconverter
            Canon 420EX Speedlite
            Canon 430EX Speedlite
            Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

either camera works wonderful...im a nikon fan myself ...but my friends have canons..one the xt and the other a 20D ...both very happy...have you looked at reviews on the net?
              Nikon D70
              AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
              AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
              AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D-ED
              AF Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D-ED VR
              My istock portfolio

Comment

Yeah I checked out dpreview.com mostly and compared the two side by side. Then even with the D70. But it comes down to the FPS between the 350D and the 20D. I really like the 5fps up to 23 frames on the 20D but don't know if I should dish out that much cash and not use it to it's full potential.
                Bobby DeBarge
                www.debargephoto.com

Comment

i would have to say go with the xt then..and use the extra money you would have used for the 20D and buy another lens or something.. ...new lenses are always nice
                  Nikon D70
                  AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
                  AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
                  AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D-ED
                  AF Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D-ED VR
                  My istock portfolio

Comment

Yeah I might.

I really want, though, the 100-400mm USM lens canon makes to go with what ever I get. Either that or get the 75-300 with a 2x multiplyer but that's a whole other debate. Right now I want to concentrate on getting the camera and a basic 18-75mm lens to fool around with to get used to the settings and all the functions.

Then once I've got that down, post a few more topics in here about lens's
                    Bobby DeBarge
                    www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
                      Yeah I might.

I really want, though, the 100-400mm USM lens canon makes to go with what ever I get. Either that or get the 75-300 with a 2x multiplyer but that's a whole other debate. Right now I want to concentrate on getting the camera and a basic 18-75mm lens to fool around with to get used to the settings and all the functions.

Then once I've got that down, post a few more topics in here about lens's
                      A converter 2x or 1.4x wont work with the 75-300mm. You can get good results w/75-300 but the 100-400 L will be much better. I've held the XT and IMO its way to small and light. You could always get a nice solid 20D, which will last your for years, get a cheap 75-300 to start, and then get an L when you have $. You'd be all set

Comment

No DSLR is free of dust spots, get used to the clone andheal tool in Photoshop . I even know a genuine Nikonian, who has to clear the dust on his D100 once a month. OK sometimes he shoots as much frames in amonth lie I do in a year

Gerardo
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                        X