Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera question thread

Sorry about this from me.

How do the 10D and D60 compare for photography? Does anyone favor the one over the other? Is the BG-ED3 a good investment? I'm trying not to spend too much money but is the more expensive 10D better than the D60? I won't be confined to aviation photography. That will be on the back burner. But just a quickie for ya'll who've used these cameras before.

Not used either I'm afraid but don't forget a camera is only as good as the glass you put on the front of it.
    Personally I'm not a lover of battery grips, they just add extra weight with no extra functionality .. .. .. My two cents !!

Comment

In my opinion you can't hold a camera with a big lens in front without a battery grip . I would definitely buy a grip for every camera if possible.

For the D60 and 10D: don't know Canon gear, sorry.

The Tupolev Tu-114.
      World speed record holder for turboprop aircraft.

Comment

I liked my D60 and used it for years. I do not think there is too much difference in quality between the 60 and 10.
        greetings,
        Philip

Comment

Well, the D60 was taken out of production long time ago, so probably its hard to get a new or almost new one.

The 10D was taken out of production when the 20D entered production or maybe after it entered, so getting a new or almost new one would be easier.

I heard that the 10D is better because its newer, and you have some functions that the D60 doesn't have, also the ISO is 100-1600 in the 10D and 100-1000 in the D60, plus the buffer is better, etc, etc. But anyway, the D60 is a great camera.

Battery grip would be a nice additon specially if you plan to put a Bigma or a big Canon L Telephoto on it.
          [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I've not used the D60 but I do have experience with the D30 and now the 10D.

Autofocus is a lot better with the 10D! For that alone it was worth the upgrade for me!

I use the BG-ED3 grip as it helps to balance out the BIGMA the 10D is hanging onto. The second battery does help on day long shoots and the provision of vertical controls helps a LOT when shooting in portrait orientation.

I've tried shooting without the grip and the 10D suddenly feels too small!

Hope that helps!

Rez

Comment

The 10D was an improved D60. Improvements were apparently made on the AF and the buffer as we as on the software, allowing higher ISO and such things. All in all, both cameras are great for photography, provided you have also a good lens and know how to use your equipment .

I have a D60 since April 2003 and so far have always been very happy with the results.

Gerardo
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I wish someone would make a battery grip for the Nikon D.70. With the 80-400 nailed to the front, it get's difficult to keep a good grip.

Must be my old, arthritic fingers

Andy

Comment

Sorry, but I donīt understand this. With a Bigma or the Nikon 80-400 you old the lense and not the camera. If use the D100 with the large and heavy AF-S 300mm 2.8D and I donīt miss the battery grip.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                    Sorry, but I donīt understand this. With a Bigma or the Nikon 80-400 you old the lense and not the camera. If use the D100 with the large and heavy AF-S 300mm 2.8D and I donīt miss the battery grip.
                    You know something... sometimes is more comfortable to hold the camera and not the lens, with the battery grip is better, I know, it would be pointless to use a 18-55 or 28-90 with the battery grip except for portrait shots and extended battery.
                    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by exmanx
                      I wish someone would make a battery grip for the Nikon D.70. With the 80-400 nailed to the front, it get's difficult to keep a good grip.
                      Andy, they do.

Hoodman:

Harbortronics:

I believe there is another but I don't recall who makes it.

Mike
                      My site: http://www.RampSlides.com
                      My photos: Click Here

Comment

Greg,

I ahve used both cameras and while the D60 is capable of producing stunning results i would choose the 10D out of those two. Its two years newer, two years better tech and the Digic processer is great at keeping noise down and procesisng times!

Chris
                        Chris Sharps
                        5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                        17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                        24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                        1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Got the 10D. Looking forward to it's arrival. Now I got to grab some glass to complement my 70-200 f/4 + 1.4x.

-Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                            Got the 10D. Looking forward to it's arrival. Now I got to grab some glass to complement my 70-200 f/4 + 1.4x.

-Greg
                            Did you get a used or a new one?
                            A nice glass is the 24-70L altough is very expensive. I heard that the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 is really nice and is cheaper (like $500 or $600)
                            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
                            X