I love shootin' the hog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love shootin' the hog.

Just thought I'd share a cool pic of the "hog" in action. I think its beautiful (the A10 in general), what do you think about it?
    -Jay

wow.. great photo JJ, you caught the hog very sharp and clear.. nice one.. great to see the cloudless background too.. awesome shot ! great job ..

and yes I think its beautiful too ...
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

The thing looks like a hog, but in the air...mmmm

And that gun is so hot.

Comment

Great shot Those Warthogs are so cool. And earth shakingly loud
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

JJR, what camera and settings did you use when this shot was taken ?

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Settings

1/1000, F8.0,ISO 200, @ 400mm x1.6 crop factor of the digi rebel (6.1mp)..... not to mention the crop of the image to make it square (im not all that good at this)
            -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
              1/1000, F8.0,ISO 200, @ 400mm x1.6 crop factor of the digi rebel (6.1mp)..... not to mention the crop of the image to make it square (im not all that good at this)
              -Jay
              so your ISO was 200, What if it was higher, what would it do to the pic,

coz I went out shooting two days ago, and i forot to set the ISO down from 800 ..

Comment

gotta love that hog .. nice picture JJR.
                Jesse Nielsen / Cimber Air F/A

Offers Dreams and Experiences To People Around The World..

If I'll Be Flying The Long Distance, ANA Would Be My First Choice....

Comment

A little (or alot more) grain in the photo, kind of makes it look spotty. You can get some fast shutter speeds with higher Iso, with that comes a little more grain. youll find that most people shoot with ISO 100, I tend to think I'm alone with shooting 200, but I need to keep the shutter speed up! (darn Caffiene!)
                  -Jay

Comment

guess John was nightshootin two days ago, like he said in is picture thread at APF. ISO 800 is way too high to shoot at daylight,, dont you agree JJR ?

Comment

Originally posted by JessNil
                      guess John was nightshootin two days ago, like he said in is picture thread at APF. ISO 800 is way too high to shoot at daylight,, dont you agree JJR ?
                      I dont know, I've seen alot of great work result from not following the road of others. While 800 ISO might not be the prefered method for daytime shooting, he may have gotten some great evening action shots! There is no right way or wrong way, just keep shooting!!!!!! Thanks again for the comments, It really means alot!
                      -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
                        I dont know, I've seen alot of great work result from not following the road of others. While 800 ISO might not be the prefered method for daytime shooting, he may have gotten some great evening action shots! There is no right way or wrong way, just keep shooting!!!!!! Thanks again for the comments, It really means alot!
                        -Jay
                        Your certainly welcome Jay. so I guess what you're saying is some are good by going the other way round, and if you just practice .practice and pratice. you will find out the best methods to get better pics.. by the way, take a look at John's thread at APF, "Need Help" or something like that ... tehre you can see the results of his pictures ...

Comment

known has one of the ugliest aircraft around, but i like it. very nice pic

Comment

Higher ISO-settings will result in more noise, very simple.

Nice shot of a a weird looking plane there

Gerardo
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Great shot, love the A10
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X