Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a lens URGENTLY!

Hi all,

I am travelling to MAN this Saturday. I ordered a 75-300mm III USM lens 2 months ago from 7dayshop. They still havent delivered and this is apparently down to a hold up in customs after contacting them today. I have searched the net and cant find anywhere else who keeps them. I even looked to see if i could get the 70-200 f4/L lens. I've also tried all the local Jessops stores and they have no stock. Anybody any ideas of where to get a lens quick????? Thanks!

Colin

If the worst comes to the worst, I will have a spare 80-200mm Canon lens with me at MAN on Saturday but I am sure you will find one before then. I know it does not help but they are in stock in my local camera shop in Wilmslow for 129, I think thats the USM version.

Jid

Comment

I will sell you mine for $2000. Shipping and handling included.

jk
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Probably the 90-300 will work, I saw it at my local camera store (Panafoto) for $230, but I think is a non-USM version, maybe you can get a normal 75-300.
        Or pay $1500 and get a 70-200L
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

have you tried www.bhphoto.com They will send it out tomorrow and you can get 2-day shipping I believe.
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Cancel your order and use these guys. Forget the grey importers! If its stuck in customs they cant pay and it ain't UK product!

http://www.warehouseexpress.com

Comment

I could sell you a Sigma 135-300 but it's a Nikon fit!

Andy

Comment

Hey all, just an update. I had to cancel the 75-300 lens from 7dayshop. I went for the 100-300mm USM lens. I hope i've made the right decision......

Comment

wow.. 100-300mm USM ... that's a way up . you sure you dont need one that goes under 100 mm ???.. anwyay goodluck the your order . !
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

www.camerabox.co.uk

Next day delivery

Comment

100mm is quite challenging at MAN. Keeps you on your toes. I'm thinking about dropping down to a 70-200 soon.
                      Not to say that you can't get anything with 100mm, it's just you need to think ahead and in certain spots it's too much.

Comment

Yeah i knew it would be tight at times over at MAN but it should be fine back home. I'm gonna save for good L glass anyway sop this one will keep me learning. I've heard it focuses quite quickly as it has ring type USM and not the usual micro-drive of the 75-300. Not that i'm really that bothered. But, i'm sorted anyway!

Comment

Well, if you can't get full airplane shots, do some close-ups

The 100-300 is really nice (but expensive, almost $160 than the 75-300)
                          [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
                          X