Bad info help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad info help needed

This photo has been rejected for bad info. Any ideas? Grateful for advice.

Charles

Hi Charles, I have checked the info and it all seems correct to me.
    I would suggest you appeal.

Cheers .. Jid

Comment

Ok I will. Thanks Jid.

Charles

Comment

Charles,

I'll hold my hand up to rejecting the second one. The reason I say the second one is because I noticed you had already uploaded the exact same photo, with exactly the same info and that too had previously been rejected for bad info. So I then presumed this was a double upload by mistake so that's my reason for rejecting the second upload. Hope that explains

http://www.jetphotos.net/showreject....hotog_id=10762

Dale

Comment

Dale

Many thanks for the explanation. What happened was that after I uploaded the photo first time round, I came to the conclusion that it was still a bit too noisy and I decided to have another go at it. Having managed to come up with a more noise-free version, I amended the details of the original upload to read "REJECT" in all the fields I could alter, as per standard practice, and I then uploaded the improved version.

The first upload was rejected accordingly with badinfo, but I have only now just discovered thanks to your post that somehow the details have reverted to the original inputs and the REJECT text has gone! Beats me how this could have happened, but I'm confident that the REJECT text was still there when it was screened.

Still, this would explain why you then saw the second version I uploaded and it appeared to all intents and purposes identical to the previous one. I didn't mention anything about the original upload in my earlier post because I wasn't aware the info had changed so I had no idea that it could have a bearing on the rejection of the second one. But hopefully things are clearer now.

Thanks again,
          Charles

Comment

Ah I perfectly understand what you mean now. Yeah I have noticed in the past that when photo is uploaded and then if a field/s is modified, for unknown reasons when it's screened the info goes back to how it originally was when it was uploaded. As Jid said, if you appeal the rejection then it should be accepted

Maybe one of our database dudes could fill us in on why this happens?

Dale

Comment

I appealed, but it's been rejected. The mystery remains ...

Comment

A happy ending

Out of desperation I re-uploaded the shot using the official title of the Japanese navy (Maritime Self-Defense Force), which isn't in the drop-down menu, as opposed to the title in the menu which I used originally (Naval Air Service). That seemed to do the trick and the photo was accepted.

[photoid=524288]
                Maybe the menu should be updated?

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
                  Ah I perfectly understand what you mean now. Yeah I have noticed in the past that when photo is uploaded and then if a field/s is modified, for unknown reasons when it's screened the info goes back to how it originally was when it was uploaded. As Jid said, if you appeal the rejection then it should be accepted

Maybe one of our database dudes could fill us in on why this happens?

Dale
                  Yes, its still happening, I uploaded a picture of a C152, accidentally listed as Russia-Air Force and not private, so I changed the info in that momment, but the confirmation email said it was rejected for bad info and overexposing, then, when I checked the info, it said Russia - Air Force.

Probably the easiest way is to re-upload the picture with the correct info, and not using the correct photo option.
                  [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
                  X