Seriously, he needs bigger lenses....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OY-KBN
    Thats one huge mofo.. I bet this one would attract female potters because you have a "big-size equipment" as your gear.. Maybe one day you're carrying that in case .. asking you "hmm how big is your equipment" ??
    I thought lense size was the exact opposite of personal size? It's compensation!

Comment

Thats one huge mofo.. I bet this one would attract female potters because you have a "big-size equipment" as your gear.. Maybe one day you're carrying that in case .. asking you "hmm how big is your equipment" ??

I didnt know it was compatible with camcorders, now I know .. Thats so awesome .. I would like to see the great result using that ..
      Well, some Canon camcorders with an adapter can use EF lenses, a couple of months ago I saw a guy with a big camcorder (you know, those pro ones that you put over your shoulder), and had an EF Lens, like a 24-85 or something with a very similar shape and a filter thread of 67mm or something like that
      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

....Throwing aside all inhibitions, we've added a 2x extender, which you can see between the back end of the lens and the EOS adapter. This doubles the effective focal length to a 35mm equivalent of 17280mm....
        ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1711

Oh, 17000mm because the EF adapter for the XL1 multiplicates the focal lenght by 7.2 so the lens is a bit more than 8000mm
          [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I was just about to drag this one over to Forum and Troubleshooting, I thought my laptop went crazy ..

I dont know but 17200mm seems awfully large but Felife also says its just over 8000mm ..

Can anyone explain a bit more about focal lengths when using extenders ??
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I was just about to drag this one over to Forum and Troubleshooting, I thought my laptop went crazy ..

I dont know but 17200mm seems awfully large but Felife also says its just over 8000mm ..

Can anyone explain a bit more about focal lengths when using extenders ??
              Multiply the focal length by whatever magnification the extender is. For example, 2x extender on a 1200mm lens = 2400mm. 2400mm times the 7.2 magnification caused by the adapter for the video camera to the EOS lens = 17280mm. And that's a helluva lot of magnification.
              ADC Refugee

Comment

And that's a helluva lot of magnification.
                And it sure is .. Amazing .

Thanks Brad
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Wow, thats a lot of lense. I could have some fun with that for sure

Comment

You can say that again! 17280mm! HOLY SH*T!
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

With 17000mm you can see the people dinning in the space station
                      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I thought size doesn't matter???
                        Ryan Davis
                        Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                        www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
                          I thought size doesn't matter???
                          That's just something people with small equipment say to boost their confidence.
                          ADC Refugee

Comment

That's just something people with small equipment say to boost their confidence.
                            Insert Sarcasm/Joke
                            Ryan Davis
                            Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                            www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Howie
                              The Canon 1200 has a list price of over $80000 USD.Yes $80000USD!!
                              Its pretty distinctive in that it has two handles,one on each side.
                              The lens attached to the body is a 600F4.
                              He also has a 400/2.8 and it looks like a 300/2.8 on the far side.
                              HTH
                              Darren

trust you to know right Darren- whens the 1200mm coming home on the 'bus?
                              My photos on J.net

Comment

Working...
                              X