Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAnon EOS 350D Lenses.

Hello Guys

Well, it seems finnaly ill be buying the EOS350D. Now, the thing is I need a lense for it. I was looking and once I had tested a SIGMA 28-300 on a EOS 300D. I found this.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...id=1124491587/ sr=8-3/ref=sr_8__i3_xgl23/002-3947080-4259219?v=glance&s=photo&n=1000

Is that a compatible lense with the 350D? If not, which 28-300 lense of sigma is compatible with the 350D. Well, some help would be nice. Im still not sure about this lense, but bare in mind i dont have all that much money. Im just basically waiting for confirmation about this tio buy it. Thanks.

Stefano

If it fit the 300D it will fit the 350D.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

The Canon mount is the same on 300D, 10D, 20D, 350D etc.
      Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
      EF 50mm 1.4 USM
      EF-S 18-55mm
      EF 28-135mm IS USM
      EF 70-200mm f4L
      EF 100-400L IS
      1.4X II Teleconverter
      Canon 420EX Speedlite
      Canon 430EX Speedlite
      Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

OK, thanks

That lense i tried on a EOS300D, but i had heard it might not work on a 350D. Its a good lense right? Well, hope so, been waiting to buy this combination for over a year (WITH 300D of course). Thanks Any tips?

Stefano

Comment

I can't see why it wouldn't...maybe I am missing something here about Sigma lenses
          Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
          EF 50mm 1.4 USM
          EF-S 18-55mm
          EF 28-135mm IS USM
          EF 70-200mm f4L
          EF 100-400L IS
          1.4X II Teleconverter
          Canon 420EX Speedlite
          Canon 430EX Speedlite
          Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

Get the camera iwth the 18-55 and then the 70-300 III USM from Canon

Comment

Where is the best place to sell a 75-300mm III non USM version ?
              I want change it to the USM version ..

Btw I got this as a gift, so dont laugh at me asking why I have this non USM version ..

Sorry for the off topic.
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                Where is the best place to sell a 75-300mm III non USM version ?
                I want change it to the USM version ..

Btw I got this as a gift, so dont laugh at me asking why I have this non USM version ..

Sorry for the off topic.
                I got my 350D (well, Rebel XT hehe) with the default 18-55 II and the 75-300 III non USM, works really nice, the 75-300 is a very good lens to start with.
                [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Canon 75-300USM III or Sigma 70-300 APO Super Macro??

I'm also looking forward to buy a Canon350D.
                  I have a low budget for the lenses since I study aviation (and I have to pay for my flying lessons).

The Canon 75-300USM III seems to be a good option, but I have read the photos are a little soft when the entire zoom is being used, and that Chromatic Aberration is visible in some photos.

A friend of mine told me he uses the Sigma 70-300 APO Super Macro on his Canon 300D and has great results. The Sigma lens specs say it reduces Chromatic Aberration.

Which one would be a better buy for the 350D, considering there is no big difference in the price of both lenses?

Regards,
                  Daniel
                  Daniel Umaņa
                  Aviation photography of Costa Rica :rolleyes:
                  www.AviacionCR.net

View my photos at Jetphotos.net
                  View my photos at AviacionCR.net

Comment

Originally posted by medic1
                    Not completely true. The 20d, 300d, and 350 Rebel XT can take those EF-S APS-C size lenses like the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, and the EF-S 17-85MM f4-5.6 IS USM.
                    So if you purchase any of those lenses and then upgrade to any of the better bodies in the future, they won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime100
                      Not completely true. The 20d, 300d, and 350 Rebel XT can take those EF-S APS-C size lenses like the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, and the EF-S 17-85MM f4-5.6 IS USM.
                      So if you purchase any of those lenses and then upgrade to any of the better bodies in the future, they won't work.

I'm not too familiar with the Canon range, but if the Canon EF-S is anything like the Nikon DX series, the camera is able to accept and use any of the EF-S lens regardless. Its just that at certain ranges, you will get a black ring in the image. I used the Nikon 12-24mm DX lens on a film/full framecamera with the only limitation is that 12-18mm you'd get a black ring in the mage.

Comment

Amazon.com: Electronics: Sigma 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DG Macro Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
                        There you go. I don't see why the lens would be different on the 350D than the 300D since those two cameras function almost the same. I use a Sigma 28-300mm Macro and its fairly good. Also be careful because some Sigma lenses just don't go well with Canon's EOS bodies, particularly the newer models.

Originally posted by Showtime100

Originally posted by medic1
                        Actually that is true, all EF and EF-S lenses will fit all those bodies mentioned. EF-S lenses simply use less glass since the lower megapixel DSLRs will crop out the black ring (called vignetting) because their sensor is APS-C size (smaller than the 35mm film EF lenses are designed for). High end DSLRs like the 5D, 1D, 1Ds etc. which have a larger sensor (the same as 35mm film) will have a 1x multiplication, unlike the 300D's 1.6x.

If anyones confused I can draw a diagram

Comment

Originally posted by Mungous

Actually that is true, all EF and EF-S lenses will fit all those bodies mentioned. EF-S lenses simply use less glass since the lower megapixel DSLRs will crop out the black ring (called vignetting) because their sensor is APS-C size (smaller than the 35mm film EF lenses are designed for). If anyones confused I can draw a diagram
                          Actually you are dead wrong. We understand about the optics, That is simple enough. but you are wrong with fitting the lenses. Show me a picture of the 18-55mm EF-S on a 10d. One that has not been modified (cut down). You can't, because they DO NOT FIT. The bottom of the lens will hit the mirror of the 10d and other non-ef-s capable bodies. It is well documented, and those lenses should be avoided if you plan on moving to some of the other Canon bodies.

I was not commenting on any Sigma lenses....

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                            The Canon 75-300USM III seems to be a good option, but I have read the photos are a little soft when the entire zoom is being used, and that Chromatic Aberration is visible in some photos.
                            I use the 70-300USM IS lens and yes, sometimes at full zoom the images can be a bit soft but I can almost always correct this with some sharpening. Rarely does it cause a picture to be so soft I can't upload it.

Comment

EF-S 60mm
                              EF-S 18-55mm / USM
                              EF-S 18-55mm II
                              EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
                              EF-S 10-22mm USM

Those above only work with the 300D, 350D and 20D. I saw somewhere on the internet that cutting the plastic thing at the rear of the 18-55mm makes it capable of fit the 10D, altough is risky because you can broke the mirror.
                              They don't work with 5D, 1D and 1Ds because they have a larger sensor, and a larger mirror, so the image will have a black circle and you may broke the mirror.

So get them only if you plan to upgrade only to a 20D (or maybe the 20D replacement if it accepts EF-S).

EF lenses work in all the cameras.
                              [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
                              X