20D Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20D Advice

Ijust upgraded to the 20D and was wondering if anyone had any advice for settings or the like. I found that low light photos do not look so good.

Well, I don't have the 20D, only the XT, but...

If you had another Canon SLR try to use the same settings. For low light photos, try to use a slower speed or a bigger aperture.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

go to www.dpreview.com and in the "Canon EOS 20D/10D/D60/D30" forum, search for "night" there's some nice shots there, I'm sure some tips/help as well.

Here's a nice low light 20D picture.

Low light/night photography is one of the reasons I'm looking at the 20D now. I wonder of the 20Da is any better though. Canon says it's good for astronomy, so never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
        go to www.dpreview.com and in the "Canon EOS 20D/10D/D60/D30" forum, search for "night" there's some nice shots there, I'm sure some tips/help as well.

Here's a nice low light 20D picture.

Low light/night photography is one of the reasons I'm looking at the 20D now. I wonder of the 20Da is any better though. Canon says it's good for astronomy, so never know.
        Yep, the 20Da is better for astrophotography because it doesnt have the low-pass filter and the IR Cut filter, so its also good for IR Photographt.
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia
          Yep, the 20Da is better for astrophotography because it doesnt have the low-pass filter and the IR Cut filter, so its also good for IR Photographt.
          Aren't there some firmware 'hacks' that also allow more IR light for xxD cameras? I've been looking around to find out if the extra red light the 20Da allows will mess with everyday photos, Canon is saying it won't. I'd still like to see more from people that have them though. Guess I'll have to wait a little more.

Comment

I think that the only thing is that it will picture IR beams.
            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
            X