Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A jpnet photographers' project. Could it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A jpnet photographers' project. Could it work?

I've had an idea that I've been mulling over for a while and thought I'd see what people think. I took a shot of a Britannia 767 landing at LGW arriving from Malta which was also shot departing by another jpnet photographer which I thought was pretty cool. It got me thinking. Could the jpnet community track a single aircraft over a period of time say 2 weeks or a month and snap it at every location it visits? I know it would require a lot of co-ordination and some knowledge of the aircraft movements. I'm sure some of you out there have contacts and knowledge of the aviation industry which could help. For example we could pick "Wunala Dreaming" and if we knew its schedule for the month of August 2006 (nearer the time obviously!) photographers could plan their days out to snap her.
    Could this work or is it not feasible? There are bound to be many variables which can prevent it. I was just interested to see if it could work. I'd be interested to see what others think.
    Cheers.

Originally posted by robw
    I've had an idea that I've been mulling over for a while and thought I'd see what people think. I took a shot of a Britannia 767 landing at LGW arriving from Malta which was also shot departing by another jpnet photographer which I thought was pretty cool. It got me thinking. Could the jpnet community track a single aircraft over a period of time say 2 weeks or a month and snap it at every location it visits? I know it would require a lot of co-ordination and some knowledge of the aircraft movements. I'm sure some of you out there have contacts and knowledge of the aviation industry which could help. For example we could pick "Wunala Dreaming" and if we knew its schedule for the month of August 2006 (nearer the time obviously!) photographers could plan their days out to snap her.
    Could this work or is it not feasible? There are bound to be many variables which can prevent it. I was just interested to see if it could work. I'd be interested to see what others think.
    Cheers.
    IT MAY but may not.

To say an example, if the plane comes to Panama could be a problem until around December (the airport has lots of constructions), and also the spotting season here is from December to early May, during those months it rains around 3-4 days a week (May to November rains almost daily!).

Other is for example, if the plane is going to somewhere where photography is forbidden (lets say India).

Anyway, for airplanes visiting Canada, US and the EU could work.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

[photoid=188406]

[photoid=188407]

Comment

Hmmm, we could of course try to follow an aircraft as long as possible. And then let's see, which aircraft has been followed for the longest period of time. Sounds interesting

Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I think it already happened with N6066Z....

Comment

TF-FII would'nt be to hard

Comment

It would probably have to be a long haul aircraft...Maybe an AA or BA 777 or a VS aircraft?
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
              X