Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxPower
    Hey good news guys.

Im only 1 ½ week to buy the 100-400mm from now. Im excited to get it. I hope this lens will serve me well like it has served you guys !

Next purchase : Upgrading to 30D... Uhhh la la la

Mine comes tommorow. Ill let you know what its like with the badass 100-400

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
      Mine comes tommorow. Ill let you know what its like with the badass 100-400
      Wow... Lucky.. I have to wait to get mine...

You know what.. The last two days making up my mind, tried-tested the 100-400mm both days, and since I wanted it that bad, I was like ready to run away with the lens. Its a little bit wrong, but you all know how's it like to have the exact lens that you've been wanting in months in your hands..... but hey, I need to be patient. and buy it instead of "stealin" it. lol..
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Omg.. This is what it will look like... Yea yea.. I know.. Im a showoff.. Im aware that its only a 350D.. but thats the only Camerahouse I can afford right now..

Imagine it with attached batterygrip. Soooweeeet !

Comment

What kind of battery usage life do you get out of those BP-511's compared with the D60? I know in cold weather the amount of time you got before the battery died was laughable. Wondering if the 30D is similar?
          Dan, nothing but good news here! I must admit I haven't given the genuine BP-511 a go in the 30D, I'm using the non-genuine batteries that I used in the D60. I've heard reports froma Sydney based photographer that 1500 shots could be extracted prior to a battery charge.

Interesting to hear about the exposure compensation. Ive heard many conflicting stories regarding this. Some say you'll need to under expose by 1/3 on most white aircraft in good conditions, but you say you didn’t and although there seemed to be a slightly overcast sky the plane was in good light. (Nice job on the fan blades by the way)
          Same, I was concerned about this but just thought I'd try my luck and see how things turned out. As far as I can tell, none of the shots were over or under exposed.

Did you happen to try out the spot metering system?
          Nope, not yet!

Have faith, the 30D will surpass the D60 in every manner. It's solid, fast and more reasonably priced than the D60 was new!!!!!!!!

Comment

My 100-400 will be with me next week, looked at the Sigma 80-400 but could not find one review that went in favour of the Sigma..... the HSM just lets a great lens down. Anyway this 100-400 better be good, picked it up for US$ 1430 direct from Canon.

Comment

Thanks for the info Craig, I've got my 30D sitting infront of me now. Apart from the dam huge screen on the back i like it allot. The build quality seems top notch, a nice kind of graphite feel to it. Luckily not like the 300D

I'm going to take it straight down to get a sensor clean as ive heard its a dust monster like the 20D and will be most likely covered in crap as soon as its been manufactured!

1500 shots is nuts. I read somewhere that the expected battery life was around 7-800 shots. I guess i can try it out for another few weeks in crappy British weather then for the next 12 months i'll give it a go in sunny Western Australia

Oh and John heres a few shots you might be interested in...

Canon 30D vs Canon 350D. No commparison

Comment

I'm going to take it straight down to get a sensor clean as ive heard its a dust monster like the 20D and will be most likely covered in crap as soon as its been manufactured!
                Hey Dan, Oh so its true.. Its like its brother 20D. Has anyone have a price on how much it will costs me when or if I'll have a problem with my future upgrade - 30D. Or should I just get a Sensor dust cleaner like everyone else. ?

Oh and John heres a few shots you might be interested in...
                Those are lovely comparison shots.

Right now I guess I have to get used to my 350D till I get mine as well.

That is sweet Dan. Thanks for the photos.

Comment

350D and 30D both take great pics, if your have more $$ then get the 30D but there is NOTHING wrong with the 350D and I love it and will be using it for at least the next couple of years..... now where the hell is my 100-400!!

Comment

Indeed there's nothing wrong with the 350D. Great little camera.

Comment

Hey Guys.

Now Im not complaining about my 350D. I only said it because I wanted to upgrade, Thats all. Btw It just svcks when people* (*Other forums*) talk shit about a camera they havent even tried before. Those Nikonians svcks. .. No offense to our jetphotos Nikonians.

But I agree with you both. No problem here with the XT. The biggest concern is actually the lens.
                      Having a 30D or better camera doesnt make you a better photographer. I think other members can agree with me on that.

Comment

Having a 30D or better camera doesnt make you a better photographer. I think other members can agree with me on that.
                        Yes, you should see some stuff DSLR users upload...

-Greg, very happy with a 10D

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                          Yes, you should see some stuff DSLR users upload...

-Greg, very happy with a 10D
                          Well I wasnt actually referring at anyone or anybody.
                          I have much to learn, thats for sure. - Just to let you all know that first before you guys starts flamin me.

Greg, How's the camera so far. Not that it really matters, but what the heck, You ever thought of upgrading or are you sticking with the 10D. How long you been "operating" with that one ?

Comment

Greg, How's the camera so far. Not that it really matters, but what the heck, You ever thought of upgrading or are you sticking with the 10D. How long you been "operating" with that one ?
                            I got it used last July after using a 300D before it. I wouldn't trade it for a 20D or 30D, honestly, I like the heft of it, it's bigger than both of them. Now I'm thinking of selling my 70-200mm f/4 L and getting the 70-300 mm IS USM. I really want a 100-400mm L but I don't have the money. Hell, I had to sell my 1.4x TC in April because I needed the cash.

-Greg

Comment

I got it used last July after using a 300D before it. I wouldn't trade it for a 20D or 30D, honestly, I like the heft of it, it's bigger than both of them.
                              Good for you. As long as you stick with Canon. LoL.. No.. Just kidding ! I havent had the 10D ever in my hands so I wouldnt know how that feels.

Now I'm thinking of selling my 70-200mm f/4 L and getting the 70-300 mm IS USM. I really want a 100-400mm L but I don't have the money.
                              How come you are selling it. Anyway how is it....that f4 L ? I was down at the photoshop a few days ago, and actually tried it, but the weather svcked this much, so the shots were pretty bad. But you have been a longterm user of it. Can you tell me some good or bad comments about the lens, Mate... ??

Hell, I had to sell my 1.4x TC in April because I needed the cash.
                              Holy crap.... Well we've all been there. You know what to do... lol..

Comment

How come you are selling it. Anyway how is it....that f4 L ? I was down at the photoshop a few days ago, and actually tried it, but the weather svcked this much, so the shots were pretty bad. But you have been a longterm user of it. Can you tell me some good or bad comments about the lens,
                                I love it but 200mm is short without the 1.4x on it. I didn't need the range when I was shooting landscapes etc, but now I have time to go up to the airport I need the reach of 300mm+

Comment

Working...
                                X