LAX info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX info.

I'm heading out to LAX for the first time next month and wanted some info. What can I expect? Is it constantly busy or are there certain days/times I should avoid? What times of day are good to go to the park near the burger place? (Could I also get the street name that it's on). And what about the cops. Will they hassle me if I'm in the park taking pictures? Is it a place that I shouldn't be walking around with my camera out (crime).?

Originally posted by JordanD
    I'm heading out to LAX for the first time next month and wanted some info. What can I expect? Is it constantly busy or are there certain days/times I should avoid? What times of day are good to go to the park near the burger place? (Could I also get the street name that it's on). And what about the cops. Will they hassle me if I'm in the park taking pictures? Is it a place that I shouldn't be walking around with my camera out (crime).?
    Never been to LAX but.....

NO, the cops have NO RIGHT to do anything to you in a public park. If they do, they are the ones breaking the law.

NO, walking with a camera IS NOT a crime.

Comment

I can't tell if your being sarcastic in the last one or not, but let me clear it up. I was asking about crime in the area. Is there alot of it? If I walk around with a camera am I taking a big risk of getting it stolen there? I don't want to be one of those people that think LA is some crime ridden city, but I understand there's certain areas that out of towners don't belong in.

Comment

I can't tell if your being sarcastic in the last one or not, but let me clear it up. I was asking about crime in the area. Is there alot of it? If I walk around with a camera am I taking a big risk of getting it stolen there? I don't want to be one of those people that think LA is some crime ridden city, but I understand there's certain areas that out of towners don't belong in.
        Oh sorry, I thought from the way it sounded, that you were asking if walking around with a camera was a crime.

My bad.

Comment

Can someone give me the address or the street of the In N Out burger place? And is that little park directly across from there, or close to there?

Comment

Jordan when are you going to be in LAX, I'll be there Oct 7, 8, 9 with some guys from NY.

Comment

I'll be there I think Oct 3 and leaving the 5th.

Comment

In-N-Out: http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=9149+S+...4453&t=h&hl=en

Don't worry, the area isn't a "bad neighbourhood" perse. However, the "park" is dissapointingly small. I guess all those wide-angle photographers you see taken from that spot make it look a lot bigger than it is.
                Will F.
                Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Thanks for the map. I'm assuming the park is that little green speck. That is pretty small...

Comment

Thanks for the map. I'm assuming the park is that little green speck. That is pretty small...
                    even for dutch sizes it is, let alone for you americans

Comment

Were'e not all fat.... Just half the population

Comment

Were'e not all fat.... Just half the population
                        I wasn't talking about the populations (allthough the average american tends to have 'heavier bones'), more like sizes of infrastructure. Here in Holland it's all close together, and in the US it's a tad wider

Comment

Your signature hurts my eyes.

Comment

watch out for the police! WIth the new terrorist threats toward Los Angles, you might get hasseled by the police!

Comment

Are there any other places besides the in n out and that park near it. I heard the park was better in the afternoon, but is there a place in the morning I could go? Without getting arrested.

Comment

Working...
                              X